Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #21
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Hahaha... I wonder if Michonne's completely done with the Governor yet, since she was interrupted by Andrea.

Obviously... in the books.. she uh... relieves him of a few key pieces of male anatomy. Equally obvious, they can't go that far in the show.
Sure they can, they just have to imply where the sword hits and show his reaction. The violence they're getting away with is incredible, but a castration is just unacceptable.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #22
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Sure they can, they just have to imply where the sword hits and show his reaction. The violence they're getting away with is incredible, but a castration is just unacceptable.
He'd better put some time into practicing that facial expression.

... and howling.. lots of howling.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #23
Marvelito

Quote:

... and howling.. lots of howling.
I don't know, he's pretty tough. I mean he got his eye destroyed and was walking around with the shard of glass sticking out for a bit, and a while later he was delivering speeches as if nothing had happened. I'd be curled up in a fetal position for days if that happened to me.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Ooohhh double WD threads

I think that AMC could go darker with the Michonne/Governor relationship. Lord knows he is going to be on fire when he gets a hold of her, so they could go as dark as the books -- just with TV editing and innuendos. Those rapes were totally F'ed up, but would show the lead into Michonne playing slice and dice with the Gov.

I don't know if it's been leaked as to season 4 plots are, but I don't see them wrapping up the Governor vs Prison folk in one season. This seems like a two season span, so plenty of time to build up anger and revenge plots. Anybody think that Rick will eventually lose his hand?

When I saw Tyrese and his group enter the broken prison, I thought the show was doing a flash-forward for a few minutes because the prison walls were broken with the fences down. And of course, with Tyrese on the scene -- the other AA man had to die. It's like some old school horror quota
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #25
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Ooohhh double WD threads

I think that AMC could go darker with the Michonne/Governor relationship. Lord knows he is going to be on fire when he gets a hold of her, so they could go as dark as the books -- just with TV editing and innuendos. Those rapes were totally F'ed up, but would show the lead into Michonne playing slice and dice with the Gov.

Anybody think that Rick will eventually lose his hand?
I'm thinking we can definitely still see a round two to the Govenor vs. Michonne, and if she got captured again I could totally see him picking up with her where he left off with Maggie.

I think Kirkman had said he regretted taking Rick's hand and would probably not be doing that in the show, although if Merle gets hold of him who knows.. a hand for a hand?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
I'm thinking we can definitely still see a round two to the Govenor vs. Michonne, and if she got captured again I could totally see him picking up with her where he left off with Maggie.

I think Kirkman had said he regretted taking Rick's hand and would probably not be doing that in the show, although if Merle gets hold of him who knows.. a hand for a hand?
I like it! Seems like something he would say before chopping it off too.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #27
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I don't know, he's pretty tough. I mean he got his eye destroyed and was walking around with the shard of glass sticking out for a bit, and a while later he was delivering speeches as if nothing had happened. I'd be curled up in a fetal position for days if that happened to me.

Good point.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
DSET
The Secret Six

I don't like Michonne on the show, shes much more likable in the books. Seems too outlandish compared to the rest of the cast, to me its because this type of character works better in graphic novel format. Also because I think the actress is playing her like too much of a bad-ass, I find her and Andrea very annoying on the show and quite the opposite in the books. She immediately walks into a utopia and questions it. She is supposed to be so noble and yet is suspicious of the governor in two seconds, the whole set up felt forced.

I can understand them not wanting to have rape scenes, but still they could have built up Michonnes hate in a better way.

Other than that I love this season and the changes they've made.
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
He should take some lessons from Andrew Lincoln. When Rick found out Lori was dead, he was stumbling around like someone had kicked him in the 'nads.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I see the trouble i started in the other thread i guess i should read the title correctly next time.

Did anyone read the cbldf walking dead story and notice how it tied into last weeks show with the governor, it was brilliant.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote