Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #521
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Considering 1000s of these were produced, should this have been discovered by QC along the line? Or, was the intention to always produce them looking this way?
I honestly don't know answers to all production questions, so I do not have answers for your questions above as I am not a part of the production process of pieces. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Sure would be nice if the rationale for this decision was communicated for those that consider this poor QC.
See above. Sorry I have no answers to provide.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #522
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Considering 1000s of these were produced, should this have been discovered by QC along the line? Or, was the intention to always produce them looking this way?
Quote:
Sure would be nice if the rationale for this decision was communicated for those that consider this poor QC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I honestly don't know answers to all production questions, so I do not have answers for your questions above as I am not a part of the production process of pieces. Sorry.

See above. Sorry I have no answers to provide.
well that is understandable SSAlex. we know you dont ahve all the answers to some of the questions that are asked here..
but im sure Dave Igo could possibly enlighten all of us why this was acceptable for SS's high standard QC team to distribute to all of its customers who purchased one and are going to be purchasing one.
maybe?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #523
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Alex,

What brand of liquor do you keep in your desk to help you cope with all of these questions?

Thanks!
THIS made me lmao. Best comment here yet.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #524
DynamicMenace

that was good
Old 01-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #525
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post

You mean a year gap between the last Star Wars PFs Pre-Order that went up?. Savage should hopefully be up WAY, WAY, WAY before a 1 year anniversary of the last Star Wars Premium Format Figure Pre-Order.
Well yes.. the last Premium Format Star Wars Statue I believe that went up was the Snowtrooper in July 2013 ..thats already 6 months ago

We will have only 2 Star Wars Statues in hand in 2014 .. Cody and Snowtrooper .. nothing else whats pretty disappointing for a strong line like this
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #526
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well that is understandable SSAlex. we know you dont ahve all the answers to some of the questions that are asked here..
but im sure Dave Igo could possibly enlighten all of us why this was acceptable for SS's high standard QC team to distribute to all of its customers who purchased one and are going to be purchasing one.
maybe?
No problem with SSAlex not having the answers but surely there is someone he knows at SS who can.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #527
T-Jam
I am da law!

hi alex. sorry if you already covered this but do you have a rough quesstimate of when the keaton batman and reeves superman will be available for preorder. thanks
T-Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #528
DynamicMenace

Quote:
No problem with SSAlex not having the answers but surely there is someone he knows at SS who can.
no not at all. i dont expect her to have all the answers anyway. but someone at SS does..and im pretty sure she does know someone there who dose. like i said. possibly Dave Igo could enlighten us why this was acceptable from the QC team. or why SS decided to just brush it off and let it slide on all 9500 of them.

so if your reading this SSAlex and or Dave Igo. please can you enlighten us?
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #529
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
no not at all. i dont expect her to have all the answers anyway. but someone at SS does..and im pretty sure she does know someone there who dose. like i said. possibly Dave Igo could enlighten us why this was acceptable from the QC team. or why SS decided to just brush it off and let it slide on all 9500 of them.

so if your reading this SSAlex and or Dave Igo. please can you enlighten us?
To me it seems like someone made an executive decision to send them out like this, knowing that there was a problem with the stitching/seams. You can't look at the statue and not notice the issue.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I will complain over these things and still purchase the product. I think I can fix the problem, but like a lot of people are saying, we shouldn't have to "fix" a $400 statue.

I think some kind of refund or discount should be given to everyone that has purchased the Batman PF. Obvious the production is never as good as the proto, but its a little worse then usual with this one.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #530
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
To me it seems like someone made an executive decision to send them out like this, knowing that there was a problem with the stitching/seams. You can't look at the statue and not notice the issue.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I will complain over these things and still purchase the product. I think I can fix the problem, but like a lot of people are saying, we shouldn't have to "fix" a $400 statue.

I think some kind of refund or discount should be given to everyone that has purchased the Batman PF. Obvious the production is never as good as the proto, but its a little worse then usual with this one.
well thats obvious it was an executive decision. but we want to know why.
im with you. i dont like the issue at hand but i want one because its the very first BM PF ever made. it may have its issues but i believe, as you do, it can be fixed. and thats kind of where we are trying get at. for a 400 dollars statue this thing shouldn't have any issues. at least with the costume anyway.
i just find it hard to believe that all 9500 are made and all have the armpit issue and that SS was ok with that and dint do anything about it or didn't check in on the production at some point to see how things were coming along. and if they did notice the armpit issue why didn't they do anything about it to have the factory correct the problem? especially when they preach how QC is one of their top priorities.