Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #11
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Good to see you'll be attending again this year Quarthon

im excited they announced David Lloyd, gonna get my V for Vendetta copy signed for sure
Sweet! I didn't realize David Lloyd is coming as well.

This expo will be an expensive one for me. I'm taking a few Mondo's prints (aliens, Highlander, Flash Gordon) to get signed by the cast.

I should be picking up the Alien Queen Diorama from a local seller. Hoping to get that one signed by Sigourney Weaver.

Last year I didn't meet David Finch. I'm hoping to have a do a few Forever Evil's sketch for me.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #12
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I'll be there....I think C2E2 is kinda killing the comic side of things for Calgary, same as last year...being on the same weekend as a big show in a large American city isn't exactly fortuitous. If they announce the same dates next year, I think it might be the first year I don't do the Calgary Expo and will instead go to a different show around that time. Only a couple of artists I'm interested in this year...barely makes a 4 days show worthwhile....I do want to see Bruce Campbell and Karen Gillan though...heh.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarthon View Post
Sweet! I didn't realize David Lloyd is coming as well.

This expo will be an expensive one for me. I'm taking a few Mondo's prints (aliens, Highlander, Flash Gordon) to get signed by the cast.

I should be picking up the Alien Queen Diorama from a local seller. Hoping to get that one signed by Sigourney Weaver.

Last year I didn't meet David Finch. I'm hoping to have a do a few Forever Evil's sketch for me.
David Finch was pretty cool, I learnt after talking to him last year that he prefers Moon Knight to Batman, he asked me who I prefered and I said Batman lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion009 View Post
I'll be there....I think C2E2 is kinda killing the comic side of things for Calgary, same as last year...being on the same weekend as a big show in a large American city isn't exactly fortuitous. If they announce the same dates next year, I think it might be the first year I don't do the Calgary Expo and will instead go to a different show around that time. Only a couple of artists I'm interested in this year...barely makes a 4 days show worthwhile....I do want to see Bruce Campbell and Karen Gillan though...heh.
yeah C2E2 is not helping calgary at all, pretty much the only people I want to meet are david lloyd, kevin eastman, the TMNT cartoon voice actors, and some of the udon crew. I also might meet RL Stine just out of nostalgia haha
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #14
HULKSMASH!
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Only a few weeks away now fellas, Just spend $800 on photo ops, Damn. Tim Millar to sign my Rouge comicette, got Hughes to sign it last year.

Maybe you guys will see me around, on Friday I will be in this!
HULKSMASH! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #15
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Do you guys know if Tim worked on the Mary jane adam Hughs state? I can't seem to find the info online.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #16
Quarthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKSMASH! View Post
Only a few weeks away now fellas, Just spend $800 on photo ops, Damn. Tim Millar to sign my Rouge comicette, got Hughes to sign it last year.

Maybe you guys will see me around, on Friday I will be in this!
I spend 140 already photo ops. I'm still thinking about the alien cast photo op.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #17
HULKSMASH!

Quote:
Do you guys know if Tim worked on the Mary jane adam Hughs state? I can't seem to find the info online.
I don't think so, although he did do most of that line. I just messaged him on Facebook, I will tell you what he replies with.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #18
HULKSMASH!

Quote:
I spend 140 already photo ops. I'm still thinking about the alien cast photo op.
Ya that would be sweet, figured I would get Ripley only lol. $460 ouch lol
Old 04-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
HULKSMASH!

Quote:
This is the reply that Tim messaged me this morning regarding the comicettes,

The first three in the line were all done by different sculptors. Emma Frost was sculpted by Andy Bergholtz, MJ was done by Tony Cipriano, and Barsom Manashian sculpted Black Cat.

Hope that helps
Old 04-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #20
Quarthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULKSMASH! View Post
This is the reply that Tim messaged me this morning regarding the comicettes,

The first three in the line were all done by different sculptors. Emma Frost was sculpted by Andy Bergholtz, MJ was done by Tony Cipriano, and Barsom Manashian sculpted Black Cat.

Hope that helps
Thanks, that helps a lot. Looks like I'm leaving Mary Jane behind, but I am curious to meet Tim and determine what his next piece he has in the works.