Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 11-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #301
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi, Sorry to revive an old threat but can someone confirm me if this piece is already sold out? I saw it was available on ARH website but it seems it's not a reliable company?

Thanks!
jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #302
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It looks like it is and has been for a couple months. And you're not crazy, it was sold out before. My guess is that these are returns and repairs that they got back or maybe some extras that they were holding onto just in case.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:59 PM   #303
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
It looks like it is and has been for a couple months. And you're not crazy, it was sold out before. My guess is that these are returns and repairs that they got back or maybe some extras that they were holding onto just in case.
Thanks for the info! And do you have any experience ordering directly from their website? I'm deciding if this is my first ARH piece so I'm being cautious before ordering
jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #304
The13thWarlock

I have never ordered anything from their website and have no plans to ever order anything from their website. I always call them and place my orders over the phone. I have ordered six pieces like this and have had very little issues with the ordering and nothing that wasn't able to be ironed out with a fast phone call.

Actually the stuff that needed to be ironed out were issues I caused. One time I switched a credit card and the other time I canceled a PO and had the money moved to other statues.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #305
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokecool View Post
Hi, Sorry to revive an old threat but can someone confirm me if this piece is already sold out? I saw it was available on ARH website but it seems it's not a reliable company?

Thanks!
Lol...looks like it is in stock again. Could be a second run. Sucks for guys who got this on secondary market like ebay when it sold out. Those guys paid almost double for this.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #306
The13thWarlock

It's definitely not a second run. If you remember there was a lot of issues with this statue as far as the skirt piece breaking off and they got a lot of returns. I'm guessing these here have something to do with that. Remember that video they did a while back where they were all lines up topless on the work table? I'm betting those statues are the ones we are seeing here for sale.

And yeah, it sucks a lot for the people who paid a lot for her on eBay. I really question how much the value of these goes up or even holds. It's been a long time since we have seen something increase in value like the old medusas.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #307
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post

And yeah, it sucks a lot for the people who paid a lot for her on eBay. I really question how much the value of these goes up or even holds. It's been a long time since we have seen something increase in value like the old medusas.
i almost became a victim of this when Arhian II sold out. i was going to settle for the regular but the crazy s/h price of $80 that BBTS was charging put me off big time. so I waited and waited and finally my patience paid off when I scored an EX on ebay for only $450 shipped.

for me that's what makes the hobby even better...when you test your patience, wait and wait for the best possible opportunity you can imagine and then finally pounce on it when you see the right time. for the secondary market i usually wait until I come across a collector/seller who may be in some financial problem or just want to get rid of a statue ASAP for whatever reason...and then BAM! that's when you take advantage of the situation and lowball. at first they may decline your offer but keep trying. eventually when they get pressured for time and money and they end up having to relist it a couple of times, they will eventually buckle and agree to your price. I've save a lot doing this. it takes a long time but hey, I feel better that way. i could have paid $550 for a regular at BBTS anytime of the day and in about 5 days have it on my doorstep...but my instinct saved me a bunch and ended up with a better deal.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:18 PM   #308
The13thWarlock

The sad part of that, not saying in any way that it's your fault or doing, but it means that most of these $400 statues will never go up in value. If anything they will depreciate for the most part. Ask anyone trying to sell a minotaurus. And that Viking statue? I'd be amazed if anyone will get over $100 for that statue, ever...
Old 11-30-2016, 11:51 PM   #309
thecollector80

looks like the Arhian is still available. not sure what they mean by "in stock"...do they actually have it and is currently shipping out or is it "in stock" for preorder to be released in the future?
Old 12-01-2016, 01:36 AM   #310
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I imagine they get everything from the factories at once as illustrated by all their problems recently. I think it is safe to assume they have them on hand.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote