Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 10-18-2015, 12:59 AM   #21
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the whole throne concept seems a little over done at this point
I'm starting to agree with you. Plus the way Galactus is sitting on his throne ...there's just no attitude or presence.

I'm hoping the 3D rendering will have more presence. And perhaps a more hi-tech throne will make it feel less played out.

We'll see how it goes ...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:09 AM   #22
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I like the throne.. i hardly think its been overplayed. Only good ones that come to mind is dr doom and the recent magneto. Aquaman but thats a c list character so he dont count imo. Galactus is considered a god so a throne would seem a proper fit for him. As far as the aztec look i like it.. galactus is ageless and timeless so this really gives that effect.. old roots growing over him adds to it. He is billions of years old so this makes sense to me. A century of our time would be a blink the eye for him. Also having silver surfur really adds the size comparison so hopefully they keep him in there.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:21 AM   #23
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
So what scale is this?
Old 10-18-2015, 02:28 AM   #24
qz33
Doctor Doom

Galactus's height really does vary both as a consequence of his abilities and artistic representation so nothing can can be ascertained.

Maybe a scale could be inferred from the picture that contains the Silver Surfer for a more standard reference.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:15 AM   #25
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Looks like a carved tree log... The paint can make or kill these 1/3 statues.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:06 PM   #26
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I like the throne.. i hardly think its been overplayed. Only good ones that come to mind is dr doom and the recent magneto. Aquaman but thats a c list character so he dont count imo. Galactus is considered a god so a throne would seem a proper fit for him. As far as the aztec look i like it.. galactus is ageless and timeless so this really gives that effect.. old roots growing over him adds to it. He is billions of years old so this makes sense to me. A century of our time would be a blink the eye for him. Also having silver surfur really adds the size comparison so hopefully they keep him in there.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #27
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So what scale is this?
No way to do it in scale with everything else. It would be large enough to take up Texas.

But as for size, he has already specified in that pic, so seems like will be about on part with the other IA pieces.

And yea, as qz33 said, his size might be specified in the marvel omnibus, but his actual comic appearances have all changed based on who was drawing it and what they were wanting to do in that particular story.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:19 PM   #28
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
So what scale is this?
Around 1:500
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #29
AC_808
Hercules

I should've been more specific ...since I know Galactus has the ability to change his size. And he gets smaller when he hasn't "eaten" for awhile and his power is depleted.

My question was more ...what did IA say the scale was for this?

But if we calculate it, we can get a rough guess. If you go with what the Marvel wiki says and have Galactus at about 29 feet and this statue is 2.6 feet (80 cm) sitting down. That should be about 3 feet standing up. So ....a rough guesstimate is 1/10 scale?
Old 10-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #30
AC_808
Hercules

But then again ...Galactus looks depleted in that concept art, so maybe he's in his smaller depleted form. And at 2.6 feet (80 cm) sitting down, maybe this could be 1/6 scale. HaHa ...who knows?