Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #21
Crom
Loki

I'm fortunate in the fact that the men and women I have known in the armed services are all very much alive. I am thankful for their service and their commitment to protecting their country and, in truth, other countries.

And I have to agree with Callahan. Insulting people is not the best way to motivate people to post. I didn't even see this post or any other until now. I am sure I am not the only one. I think encouragement and personal experiences will see many people check this post out. Also, you might improve the title of the thread. As it stands some people might think you started a thread just looking for other veterans.

I admire those on this forum and throughout the world who have fought for this great country, and I thank those who have given the greatest sacrifice for it and for my own personal freedom.

I live in VA Beach, next to Norfolk. I have jets flying over my house every day. Thats the sound of freedom going overhead. I love that sound.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM   #22
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
Perhaps some of us know what it means and don't want to post here about it. In my life, I worked for first at a medical library on a Naval base (USUHS) here in MD then later on working in the General Surgery ward at the teaching hospital on the same base. I've had family members die in almost every wary since the 1900's (nothing after Vietnam thankfully) and am the son of retired Sargeant in the Army who still works for them albeit as a citizen.

Just perhaps I don't need to post something online that shows how much I appreciate the troops defending us at the drop of the hat. I just take offense at the fact that I'm not Patriotic or something along those lines.

If this was too mean sorry but oh well.

You know, of all the threads, this is the one we should all get along in
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #23
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
You know, of all the threads, this is the one we should all get along in
I agree. I did not at all get the sense that Angrycomicman was calling anyone in particular out, so why get offended? There is a general apathy in the culture as well as a lack of respect for sacrfice, and little appreciation for what this country offers.

That's what I got from his post...a feeling of people not caring about much beyond their own petty concerns. I agree with that. But then what does anyone care about these days?
William Paquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 AM   #24
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGRYCOMICMAN View Post
7000 members on this forum. What a shame.
A lot of people on this forum are not from the states, maybe more than you might think.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #25
Crom
Loki

You now what, let's just focus on getting this thread the attention it deserves. I wouldn't want to see something worthwhile get dragged down. I don't think anyone would want to see that.

Here is a bump to the top.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #26
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

I'll post again what another member said... (I quoted it in my original post also)
7000 members.
They'll be the first to cry when the wolf comes knocking.
They forget, they're complacent.
They need a good kick in the ass.

I never forgot, I'm not complacent and I don't need a good kick in the ass (for this at least, other things... )

Also someone else called people apathetic for not posting in this thread.

The above things are what I took offense at and Leon made a good point, not everyone on the forums are American.. And I'm not attacking the people who said the above things, just what they said. Enough crap on this though, don't want it to involve a internet nerd fight in this thread of all things.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #27
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

ALL THE NON-AMERICANS DON'T HAVE TO POST HERE. BUT THE EUROPEANS SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THE USA. MOST OF YOU WOULD BE GERMAN SUBJECTS, YES SUBJECTS, ESPECIALLY THE FRENCH.
SORRY IF THAT SEEMS TOO MEAN.
Also if your an American & don't want to post, fine, I don't care.
That's what great about this country, you can have your opinions and I can have mine. But if your gonna whine about the USA, GO START ANOTHER THREAD.
Sorry if that seems mean.
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #28
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

Quote:
ALL THE NON-AMERICANS DON'T HAVE TO POST HERE. BUT THE EUROPEANS SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR THE USA. MOST OF YOU WOULD BE GERMAN SUBJECTS, YES SUBJECTS, ESPECIALLY THE FRENCH.
That's what great about this country, you can have your opinions and I can have mine. But if your gonna whine about the USA, GO START ANOTHER THREAD.
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #29
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
FRANCE? Is that a real country

ACM..great fricken post
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #30
ANGRYCOMICMAN
Cobra Command

Here it is:
http://oldbluejacket.com/AudieMurphy.htm
ANGRYCOMICMAN is offline   Reply With Quote