Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Mike Hill

Old 05-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #31
Vader
Ghost

There is so much "greatness" on this forum!! "The gods walk amongst us".
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:55 AM   #32
Mike Hill
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM S. View Post
mike- thank god you are still planning on producing the dvd. i' ve been waiting anxiously for it since i first saw it advertised in afm (holding my breath in anticipation actually-trust me, blue is not my colour!). really looking forward to it! keep up the great work!
Tom, Thanks for waiting. My problem as always been that its extremly hard to cut it down to even 3 hours but this time its happening..and I think its coming on great!

Thanks again

Mike
Mike Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #33
TOM S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hill View Post
Tom, Thanks for waiting. My problem as always been that its extremly hard to cut it down to even 3 hours but this time its happening..and I think its coming on great!

Thanks again

Mike
IT'LL BE WORTH THE WAIT- I'VE NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT! THERE'S CERTAINLY NO SHORTAGE OF INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS/DVDS ON THE SCULPTURAL (AND MOLDING) PROCESS AVAILABLE (SOME ARE QUITE GOOD, IN FACT), BUT I'VE HAVEN'T FOUND ONE THAT DEALS SPECIFICALLY WITH OBTAINING A LIKENESS- THIS IS GREAT! THANKS FOR DOING IT AND THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION! - TOM
TOM S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #34
TOM S.

JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT I AGREE WITH ANDY BERGHOLTZ'S SUGGESTION (WAY BACK IN THIS THREAD) REGARDING POSSIBLE FUTURE DVD SUBJECTS- TOTALLY! I WOULD PERSONALLY LOVE TO SEE YOU TACKLE SILICONE FINISHING, SETTING ACRYLIC EYES,PUNCHING IN HAIR ETC. REALLY LIKED YOUR HEATH LEDGER JOKER TRIBUTE BY THE WAY- THANKS FOR LISTENING
Old 05-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #35
Mike Hill
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM S. View Post
JUST WANTED TO ADD THAT I AGREE WITH ANDY BERGHOLTZ'S SUGGESTION (WAY BACK IN THIS THREAD) REGARDING POSSIBLE FUTURE DVD SUBJECTS- TOTALLY! I WOULD PERSONALLY LOVE TO SEE YOU TACKLE SILICONE FINISHING, SETTING ACRYLIC EYES,PUNCHING IN HAIR ETC. REALLY LIKED YOUR HEATH LEDGER JOKER TRIBUTE BY THE WAY- THANKS FOR LISTENING
Im listening Tom...and thinking...
Old 06-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #36
TOM S.

IF YOU DECIDE TO DO A SERIES OF INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS, ANOTHER POSSIBLE TOPIC COULD BE CAPTURING A FEMALE LIKENESS. THERE ARE EXTRA CONSIDERATIONS WHEN REPRESENTING A FEMALE LIKENESS IN PORTRAITURE (SENSUALITY, PHYSICAL ATTRACTIVENESS,ETC.) THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO NECESSARILY DEAL WITH IN THE MALE LIKENESS (NOT THAT OLIVER REED WAS UNATTRACTIVE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!). PLUS, I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN THAT SUBJECT ADDRESSED BEFORE. THANKS
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #37
TOM S.

AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL, I'M PRETTY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT YOU MAKING A SERIES OF INSTRUCTIONAL DVDS. THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT, THE MORE IDEAS FOR POSSIBLE SUBJECTS COME TO MIND. I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU ADDRESS THE PROCESS YOU GO THROUGH TO CORRECT A SCULPTURE THAT ISN'T QUITE WORKING - KIND OF A CHECKLIST OF THINGS THAT YOU LOOK AT (WITH THE MIRROR, OF COURSE!). COMMON ERRORS ETC. YOU SEE IN OTHER SCULPTORS WORK OR ENCOUNTER IN YOUR OWN WORK FROM TIME TO TIME. JUST A THOUGHT. THANKS