Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 12-21-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
spenca7
Loki

I believe they have cancelled their Harry Potter Premium Formats as well other than Harry since they have all been removed from their site except for Harry
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I'm not happy with GG right now either and if Oola and Darth Talon are cancelled I'll be even more pissed.
Quite frankly I don't care if the Bespin Luke got cancelled it was a horrible likeness anyhow and I hope they put it out of it's misery. Maybe they should go back to the drawing board and make a luke that actually looks like Luke. Sideshow can do it, Why can't they?
Are you referring to me cutting off my nose? If so, your assumption is incorrect. This is not because I'm POed at GG, it's because I think SS is doing a better job with the line and will be holding it for the long run. So while GG has more character representation, I'm trying to justify holding onto it as they cancel pieces like Oola and others. So it might make more sense for me to get back that space and money and redirect it.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Are you referring to me cutting off my nose? If so, your assumption is incorrect. This is not because I'm POed at GG, it's because I think SS is doing a better job with the line and will be holding it for the long run. So while GG has more character representation, I'm trying to justify holding onto it as they cancel pieces like Oola and others. So it might make more sense for me to get back that space and money and redirect it.
In this case I mean to question whether or not there is anything you find you can value in the released products of GG? I would venture to guess that when you said you'd sell the collection you probably would keep certain things you were fond of?
Or would you seriously get rid of everything?
Is there a way you could maintain some of your more cherished busts/statues without having all or none?
I personally couldn't be happier with what GG has put out so far. The success rate is at least 99% in my opinion. Would I want MORE? Hell yes! I can't ask for more quality because with a few exceptions they have more home runs in the SW category than most other companies. (when they get around to it)
Now that doesn't mean I haven't entertained the thought of going the Sideshow route. Their SW stuff is starting to look really tempting with their PF statues and life size busts. Gentle Giant needs to really up the game if they want to compete. The current Luke Bespin is not cutting it for me, when Sideshow just previewed the Luke ROTJ which for me is looking way too good to pass up.
I want the Oola bust too, along with as much variety
of characters as possible when it comes to SW, variety we've all come to love from GG. I however wouldn't sell everything if they went belly up today and I can't understand how anyone else would?
But thanks for clarifying for me why you would, space is important and obviously with better products being released more money is a huge factor. But I'd ask you if you had any pieces you felt you might hang on to, which one/ones would you decide to keep....or would you clean house?
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

Starwarsshop is saying Oola is delayed until April 2010. Not sure about the others.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2215 View Post
Starwarsshop is saying Oola is delayed until April 2010. Not sure about the others.
Thats more like it. I have a hard time believing that any of these have actually been scrapped. Until I hear something definitive from GG I'm going to assume they are just being delayed further.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #16
yoda027
Frackin!

None of them are cancelled, they are all currently in production and will come out, they are just delayed to 2010.

The latest updates (estimates) I have are:

Luke Skywalker Bespin Statue - April 2010
Darth Talon Mini Bust - May 2010
Oola Mini Bust - May 2010
Slave Leia Mini Bust - May 2010
Battle Droid Mini Bust - June 2010
yoda027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:37 AM   #17
Zer0
New Republic

This is why I asked where it was ordered from, because it definitely wasn't cancelled through Gentle Giant.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:45 AM   #18
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

It wouldn't break my heart if the Bespin Luke was cancelled. The face just bothers me. I look at the SS ROTJ Luke and think to myself..THAT'S what I want my Luke to look like.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #19
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
It wouldn't break my heart if the Bespin Luke was cancelled. The face just bothers me. I look at the SS ROTJ Luke and think to myself..THAT'S what I want my Luke to look like.
Maybe it will change before it's release.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #20
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Maybe it will change before it's release.
With any luck!
I'll be holding my breath.