Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 AM   #1
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ps4/5 or xbox

I have not played video games since the dreamcast
I am due to retire soon so i was going to get either the ps or xbox to pass the time.
I like the idea of helicopter or plane simulator.
I was hoping people could give me some suggestion with games so i can choose the correct platform.
Thanks for any info. I am from Australia so we dont get all the games over here. I have been told digital games from the store in the usa will not work on a machine in aust cheers
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:13 AM   #2
Mister H
Green Goblin

I’m an XBox guy myself but from what I’ve been hearing the new PlayStation will end up being better than the new XBox.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:05 AM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’m an XBox guy myself but from what I’ve been hearing the new PlayStation will end up being better than the new XBox.
Tech spec wise the new Xbox is the more powerful machine, the PS5's SSD does run a tad faster on data transfer though.

Now Game wise, that's the big question. Will PS5 have the better exclusives like last generation or will Xbox purchasing of a ton of new studios pay off?

We'll see.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:31 AM   #4
Frankierock
Omega Red

Honestly at this point in time I think it’s to close to call. I myself will be leaning toward Sony due to the fact I have owned the the last 2 generations of both the Xbox and PlayStation..and have had numerous issues with failing Xbox systems..2 Dead 360s, and 4 Xbox one X’s..Granted I only had to purchase one new 360 because it was way out of Warranty..and the Xbox ones all fell under Warranty..but it was and is still too many times. And my day one PS3 and PS4 are still both up and running.

Only other factors are price and backwards compatibility...from what I am hearing the Xbox might be in the 450 range and the Ps5 closer to 600...as far as Backward capability..Xbox is a go out of the gate..with games and accessories. Ps5 is behind so far, stating there will possibly be an update that will let you play some games. That might not be good enough.

If those 2 things are true, as much as I hate it..I might have to get an Xbox due to my large Library of games. But if Sony addresses the backwards capabilities..I’d gladly spend a little more cash for less headaches. But myself I might wait a little to see what’s what.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #5
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I have not played video games since the dreamcast
I am due to retire soon so i was going to get either the ps or xbox to pass the time.
I like the idea of helicopter or plane simulator.
I was hoping people could give me some suggestion with games so i can choose the correct platform.
Thanks for any info. I am from Australia so we dont get all the games over here. I have been told digital games from the store in the usa will not work on a machine in aust cheers
The only flight simulators I've tried were on the PC. If those kind of games are what you want to play then maybe it's something you might want to look into. Personally I do prefer the simplicity of consoles but I haven't bought one in a long time. Never been a Playstation guy though, mainly because of the controllers. I've always been more comfortable with Xbox and Nintendo, but you might feel the opposite way.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

This really comes down to personal tastes. I've owned every PlayStation and I love the games. Xbox is fine, it just doesn't appeal to me.

My advice to anyone is to look at libraries of system and see what offer you more.

The biggest thing I'm excited for the PS5 is the promise of dramatically reduced load times as been an annoyance for 20+ years in gaming for me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:47 AM   #7
gypsycatcha
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I haven't had a playstation since the generation before so can only really comment for Xbox at the moment.

Gamepass is pretty good and worth purchasing imo. You can get some pretty good deals online to purchase and then can download games and play whilst they are in the library.

In terms of flight sims, they showcased Microsoft flight simulator last year which looks pretty amazing if that's your thing.
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:03 AM   #8
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
This really comes down to personal tastes. I've owned every PlayStation and I love the games. Xbox is fine, it just doesn't appeal to me.

My advice to anyone is to look at libraries of system and see what offer you more.

The biggest thing I'm excited for the PS5 is the promise of dramatically reduced load times as been an annoyance for 20+ years in gaming for me.
With both systems using SSDs both systems will significantly reduce load times.

I'm an Xbox guy, I've always preferred Xbox's systems. This last generation was a bit disappointing game wise though.

Xbox will have their first party games look in July, that's pretty much all I'm waiting on.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:16 AM   #9
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
With both systems using SSDs both systems will significantly reduce load times.

I'm an Xbox guy, I've always preferred Xbox's systems. This last generation was a bit disappointing game wise though.

Xbox will have their first party games look in July, that's pretty much all I'm waiting on.
That's cool as load times for anyone is rough. It is entirely subjective what games you like. The only Xbox game I feel I missed out on this past decade was Sunset Overdrive. I tend to like games Sony makes and a lot of Japanese based titles. I think the industry is at its best when all three console makers are firing on all cylinders.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #10
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Don't get caught up in the hardware game. Both platforms will be about the same. Get the console that has the games YOU want to play. No point jumping into a Playstation if you like HALO (Xbox Exclusive) or having someone talk you into an Xbox if you want Uncharted (PS Exclusive). At the end of the day it's just a tool to get a job done, if it cant do the job you want it too there is not point.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote