Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-26-2024, 02:57 PM   #161
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
From what i can tell, they offer pieces based on existing pieces.
Atleast that's the impression i got when i once questioned them on a particular piece.
Their reply implied, they were offering something close to the original. They did not use the word 're_cast'.
I will not mention their name here, as it is against form rules.
They took over the Ross Superman from another company that ran off with collectors' money. They honored those orders for those collectors.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 02:59 PM   #162
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
They took over the Ross Superman from another company that ran off with collectors' money. They honored those orders for those collectors.
That's good to know.
I have a piece on pre_order with them
It should ship in 2024. Only then can i form an honest opinion.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 03:03 PM   #163
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Thanks. I have the Ross Superman, and there was a hiccup with production. There's also a Kingdom Come version of the Superman available, which, of course, has gray hair at the temples. The factory, for reasons unknown, painted one portrait with gray at the temples, and one not, for all the statues, both classic and KC buyers. So all the classic Supes customers have a portrait with gray hair at the temples, which doesn't make sense, and all the KC customers have a portrait with all back hair, which also doesn't make sense. The company hasn't yet figured out how to rectify the situation.
That is exactly the scenario I am worried about. Even if the statue turns out fine I would also be worried about the shipping process and customer service.

What happens if the statue comes in broken? Will they replace it? Too many unknowns.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 03:08 PM   #164
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Many here know I am a big fan of Alex Ross Batman and Superman. I actually posted the renderings of both statues here before.

I should be all over these two statues and yet I am too afraid to deal with an unknown company.

Good thing I didn't jump on it. I would have been one of the victims which they took the money from and ran.

I am so glad Prime 1 is doing both characters.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:02 PM   #165
risingstar
Jedi Order

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:05 PM   #166
risingstar
Jedi Order

Old 04-26-2024, 06:06 PM   #167
risingstar
Jedi Order

N1 starfighter

Old 04-26-2024, 06:16 PM   #168
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Sweet N1!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:19 PM   #169
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Thanks. I have the Ross Superman, and there was a hiccup with production. There's also a Kingdom Come version of the Superman available, which, of course, has gray hair at the temples. The factory, for reasons unknown, painted one portrait with gray at the temples, and one not, for all the statues, both classic and KC buyers. So all the classic Supes customers have a portrait with gray hair at the temples, which doesn't make sense, and all the KC customers have a portrait with all back hair, which also doesn't make sense. The company hasn't yet figured out how to rectify the situation.
I feel like I dodged a bullet not ordering that Ross Supes. It was a great price, but there were so many production issues. Most capes don't seem to sit flush and the paint on the S symbol is really weird. I like some of the pieces that group produces, but I continue to just follow and not order anything
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:33 PM   #170
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Thanks! Incidentally, this Goblin shipped with 4 different portraits. The Alex Ross pupils version was among them.
I have the Green Goblin from the Emma group on order, but I am super tempted to sell it once it arrives to get your version at some point. I love the flaming pumpkin.

By the way, what camera are you using for your photos?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote