Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #2271
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Hey shorudan whens is the actually date of release for samurai bats?
And also do you guys have a month of release for the Cap America Salute?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #2272
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Double.post
Old 10-17-2016, 04:15 PM   #2273
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

What does one do if they want to register a statue, but I have no idea who the original owner was?

I went to register my Phoenix statue, and it's already been registered. The person I bought it from didn't register it, but it was owned by someone else before that.

Am I just out of luck?
Old 10-18-2016, 01:31 AM   #2274
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
What does one do if they want to register a statue, but I have no idea who the original owner was?

I went to register my Phoenix statue, and it's already been registered. The person I bought it from didn't register it, but it was owned by someone else before that.

Am I just out of luck?
Yeap if you cant trace the 1st owner. However if you are not in the lisenced region, registering it might not help except for the worldwide licenses
Old 10-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #2275
darkness777
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

any plans to make a Kenshin statue or a Samurai with his full armor on? I don't think a 1/4 scale samurai statue exists. You could model them off akira kurasawa films too.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:58 PM   #2276
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

Will we see more X-men statues in near future? Gambit, Cyclops, Storm etc
Old 10-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #2277
slynger
Hellboy

What is the current timetable for the Boba Fett statue and captain America honorary statue for shipping?

Also, I know it's a ways out, but how far away are we from printing and painting on Optimus Prime?
Old 10-20-2016, 01:27 PM   #2278
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Is that peg on venoms back foot going to be there on the production pieces or hidden? Really stands out. Hope its a proto thing and gets revised.
Here's a pic of the final production piece http://www.xm-studios.com/media/6016/venom16.jpg ... does it look better? And another bonus pic at http://www.xm-studios.com/media/6017/bonus.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
What's the timeframe of when we might see a paint-up of Optimus Prime?

What is the timeframe for Honoray Cap to start shipping?

Thanks.
Gonna be quite awhile before we can see OP painted. I reckon it's gonna be another 2 months for approvals before going to print (1 month) and then engineering modifications and master painting by Seng (1 month) so all in all my estimate is earliest March 2017. Cap should start shipping Q1 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davishi View Post
Hey Bryan/XM, while it looks like Juggernaut is back on track, there have been no new character announcements for the HX Avengers Assemble 1/6 line since Nick Fury in March of 2015. Are there plans to continue the line after all the ones in progress are done?

While there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for these on the forum, they have great artistic style and direction, and seem to be selling well enough. Here's hoping for a Captain Marvel in the near future!

Thanks very much.
Thanks for the encouragement! My favorite piece is Black Widow! We are still discussing with HMO on the next line up. Both XM and HMO have been busy with a lot of new projects so nothing's confirmed yet right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Great photos at the ICC this past weekend, Bryan. I do have two questions of the same theme

Has there been any discussion about adding some colors to Jubilee's "fireworks" on the dio? In the comics her blast are not usually one color. Blues, pinks, yellow, greens, white are usually in the mix.

And is the Black Cat coloring render posted on facebook a few weeks back the final color scheme for her? Or will there by some testing out of options (and maybe a vote by a small community of people)? I ask because while Felicia looks great, I just feel there may be a loss of design potential if the cat base is just all brassy.

Thanks!!
Yes I think Jubilee's blast should have more of a fireworks effects - we aren't done yet so we've still got time to improve! If any of you peeps have seen any nice effects done on any statues or figurines, please share them with me here or on our facebook so we will be sure to experiment with the shared ideas! Black Cat color render is just quick WIP to get a feel of things - it's definitely not final and we are always open for suggestions and ideas. The best way to make sure we see the feedback is on facebook, on this forum or PMing me <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by will3y View Post
Hi Bryan. We also need an un-mask catwoman head. Is it possible to provide extra head(un-mask)? Because XM studios provide an un-mask head for the batman. If you provide some extra head for the catwoman, it would be awesome. Thank you.
That's gonna be alotta heads... 4 heads for Cat woman might be too much. I do like the unmasked idea cuz she has one of the most gorgeous face sculpt IMO... let me check if we've got time to do some final tweaking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
Hi Bryan, is there any possibility for XM to get the Spawn license?

I'm pretty sure XM would do a great job sculpting characters like Spawn, the Clown, Violator, Malebolgia, etc.

Oh! And please make it worldwide.

Thanks.
I would love me some Spawn too. I actually did try to contact them but I think it's unlikely it will happen as they make their own stuff too and they do some pretty cool things themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Are you making Grey Hulk?
Not on our list at the moment but our list has been known to change every now and then so I wouldn't say never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
With the new announcement of DC Universe....curious if XM was going to do a poll to see what characters collectors would like to see in the first top 5 or something to that effect?
Great idea! Any volunteers? Where's my favourite bear, Grumpy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Hey Bryan,

XM had a nice steady stream of Marvel characters being produced, now we've added Top Cow, X-Men, Transformers, DC and potentially Aliens/Predator.

Should we expect the Marvel content (pieces produced annually) to diminish in lieu of statues from other licenses, or will that remain unchanged with pieces from other licenses being released in addition to?

Finally, I'd love to know how many Transformer pieces to expect over a given year (probably not something you can divulge)?
2017 will be a massive year of Marvel products... way more than 2016 so its actually slated to increase. We may slow down the increase in 2018 to allow more breathing space for collectors, depends on how the economy is doing. We're also working on a new secret project that IMO will be a fresh new wave in the collectibles industry. In the process of patent and legal stuff so I can't share much at this point. As for Transformers, there will be a minimum of 8 characters you can expect over the next 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masamir View Post
So there is no third head for the Punisher statue? Can you confirm that XM?
We are very keen on a 3rd head but the product has gone through its final aproval and already in mid production at the factory... its going to require a resubmission and reopening of the process to get the 3rd head approved. We will be trying our best so if it does get through, it will be a bonus but it's at the moment unconfirmed if we will be allowed to include the 3rd head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Also regarding Punisher..i remember seeing a switchout hand before holding a handgun..isnt it included anymore?

Did i remember it correctly or not? LOL
Lol, yeah your memory didn't fail you - it was there in the early WIP stages but we've eventually chosen to remove that hand as there were numerous feedback on that hand pose being too "relaxed" and uncharacteristic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Hey shorudan whens is the actually date of release for samurai bats?
And also do you guys have a month of release for the Cap America Salute?
Bats is scheduled for Dec shipping. Cap Q1 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness777 View Post
any plans to make a Kenshin statue or a Samurai with his full armor on? I don't think a 1/4 scale samurai statue exists. You could model them off akira kurasawa films too.
Nice idea but we are getting piled with new licenses and a secret project so we will have to be selective with new licenses and make sure we don't overcommit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel O'Gen View Post
Will we see more X-men statues in near future? Gambit, Cyclops, Storm etc
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh YEAH you bet! Gambit's off the table though until further notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
What is the current timetable for the Boba Fett statue and captain America honorary statue for shipping?

Also, I know it's a ways out, but how far away are we from printing and painting on Optimus Prime?
Boba Fett is slated Q1 2017. OP and Cap check my answers above.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #2279
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Here's a pic of the final production piece http://www.xm-studios.com/media/6016/venom16.jpg ... does it look better? And another bonus pic at http://www.xm-studios.com/media/6017/bonus.jpg

Thanks shorudan. Always love the answers

that brock heads matches well to the body. Just wanna know if you guys have tweeked the head enough with nice teeth like vulture. Before it was messy paint.

also there is still a peg sticking out of the sole of his right foot. Why is that still there and visible at all??

and also will the macfarlane head match well with the seam on the neck? Because it seems like the neck has been cut out to match the open mouth head better with the jaw opening wider than macfarlane head.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #2280
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi Shorudan, as always thanks for taking the time to answer many of the questions thrown at you on the forum here! Many... but not all

I was just wondering if there is even a rough eta on when the PO and/or shipping is expected for your 1/4 scale Venom bust? I don't think busts get enough love... but they get my love. So does XM.
Closed Thread