Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Smile Long Beach Comic Con 2011 > NOW WITH PHOTOS!

So any people planning on going to LBCC this year? Just saw Kevin Eastman show up as an attendee the other day so I need to go find a TMNT comic for signing!

www.longbeachcomiccon.com
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
drasgow
A day without sunshine is like... night.

If anybody is going to this still, would they be willing to pick up the convention exclusive ida hardcover? I would make it worth your while. thanks.
drasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Here's some photos I took at this past weekend's Long Beach Comic & Horror Con 2011 (formerly Long Beach Comic Con).

The event is getting bigger (now in its third year) and was a pretty fun show without all the hustle and grind of Comic Con traffic. Lots of opportunity to meet your favorite artists and writers, cosplayers and new comics.

Here's are a few establishing shots. The layout was much wider than last year with the artist alley taking a big central location in the main hall. There were several panels going on upstairs as well as the Zombie Walk being held separately on Sat. night trying to break a record.

Artist's Alley Shots:

Seth Green (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Robot Chicken) with Evil Dead's Ash

Thomas Jane (The Punisher, Deep Blue Sea, HBO's Hung) promoting his comic book

Drew Johnson (Artist on Wonder Woman, The Authority) sketching Ms. marvel for me

Todd Nauck (Spider-Man, Young Justice)

David Finch (Batman: The Dark Knight, Ultimatum, Moon Knight) had arguably the longest lines during the convention.

Norm Rapmund (Booster Gold, Brigade)

Amanda Conner (Power Girl, Terra) finishing up a sweet-looking Power Girl drawing.

Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex, Ash) signing books for fans.

Darwyn Cooke (D.C. The New Frontier, Parker, Batman: Ego) signing and sketching at the Hero Initiative booth.

Jon Boagdanve (Superman: Man of Steel, Power Pack) with the Doomsday sketch he created for me.

Bernie Wrightson (Swamp Thing, Doc Macabre) with the Warblade vs. Daemonite prelim. art I purchased from his booth. He and his wife were dressed as scarecrows since it was the day before Halloween.

Whilce Portacio (X-Men, Wetworks) signing his ltd. ed. cover of Hulk #1 at the Golden Apple booth.

Kevin Eastman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) sketching on the TMNT ltd. edition HC on Sat.
Attached Thumbnails
LBCC2011-Artists1.jpg   LBCC2011-Artists2.jpg   LBCC2011-FloorLayout.jpg   LBCC2011-Cosplay1.jpg   LBCC2011-Cosplay2.jpg  

LBCC2011-ArtistWP.jpg   LBCC2011-ArtistKE.jpg   Floor.jpg   Floor2.jpg   Floor3.jpg  

BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
Ridimous
Spider-Ham

Looks very relax which is what I like. I'll check it out next year. Thanks for the pics.
Ridimous is offline   Reply With Quote