Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: HOw much do you think the new Hulk Maquette will cost???
$499? 59 34.30%
$599? 31 18.02%
$699? 26 15.12%
$799? 20 11.63%
$899? 19 11.05%
$1200? 12 6.98%
$1500? 8 4.65%
$1800? 6 3.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #61
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Other than a handful of pics, I don't think we have enough info to speculate. But for the benefit of Sideshow's market research department (who may or may not be reading this thread), I'm going to say $200
these type of threads are ones that sideshow likes to see or may want to put together. my guess it will be ($...)
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #62
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

$59,99 with FREE Worldwide shipping! Anything more than that I will pass!
Make it happens, Sideshow!!
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #63
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

You guys are crazy,thinking this thing will be less than $900,with all the movie hype/legacy/size etc...
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #64
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
regardless how people speculate on the price, Sideshow will just do what they want anyway.

The people who've already set a limit on what they're willing to spend will just wait and see what it comes out at. If its within their range they'll pick it up...if not, well there are a ton of other pieces coming down the line of other characters (DC!!!)

on the other side you have people with a ton of disposable income and will buy it regardless. Sadly I've known a few collectors who've also accrued a ton of credit card debt as well in this hobby that they simply can't pay off simply because they have to have the latest thing. Living paycheck to paycheck is not something I'm willing to do, but many are so its all up to them...to each their own I guess

Personally I put it all into perspective. I'm getting married in 3 months and our monthly mortgage payments will be somewhere around $1100-1300 each month. Not a huge amount but its still a nice chunk of cash each month for my first home. If Sideshow thinks I'm spending the same amount of cash on a statue that I do on my house payments...well they'll lose me as a customer. I have a great time in this hobby but I'm not putting a financial strain on myself in order to participate in it.

I'm capping myself at $650 for this piece which is roughly the same amount I'll pay for the Batman 1:1 when its all said and done. Will it likely be priced higher than $650? Sure. Will i care? Nope.
That's a cheap mortgage.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #65
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Yeah, Lets delete this thread and make a new one where everybody votes for $500. I'm sure Sideshow will charge that if we all say that's what we want to spend.
It doesn't even matter what we say. The aftermarket has already proven what a Hulk statue of this caliber will go for.
Same goes for the Predators. The CM Predator goes for more than $3000. Tell me why Sideshow didn't just charge $2500 or $3000?
If their 1/5 scaled Ex. Vampirella goes for over $700 then why didn't they charge that or close to it for the Excl. PF?
Even better, lets not make threads like this to make it easier on SS to see all the people quoting $900. I forgot I was talking to the guy that's spending $2000 on a 1/4 Pred....my bad
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #66
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
That's a cheap mortgage.
sure its a cheap mortgage...if you make 6 figures or close to. As a 26 year old in the 2nd year of my career with a fiancee who is part-time...with a wedding as well as 2 vehicles to pay off (not to mention having to fully furnish this new home)...its a good mortgage for my first home

but I guess you're a millionaire so a thousand plus is throwaway cash for you
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #67
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

No not a millionaire,but I live in Boston and a mortgage like that you only find on a 1 bedroom around here on a so so neighborhood.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #68
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
No not a millionaire,but I live in Boston and a mortgage like that you only find on a 1 bedroom around here.
same in long beach CA
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #69
solidsnake 36

After how hot the movie was, this piece will be a seller, the hulk was all over the place in Avengers!
solidsnake 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #70
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Why do you guys do this to yourselves with the price speculating? Sideshow will charge what they will charge. It doesn't help that many of you guys are throwing out $700, $800, or even over $1000. Like someone said, Sideshow is probably monitoring these types of threads and pricing their pieces accordingly. Even if you would drop $1000 on this statue, don't show your hand. There's no need to show Sideshow your cards. If I was Sideshow and seeing that you guys are throwing these numbers around, I'd definitely charge you for what you ask for.
In looking at the sneaked pics, there's nothing complicated about the sculpt or the paint job. It's a nice piece overall, except the chest is a little undersized. I know it's the Hulk, but the price that's being thrown around is ridiculous.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote