Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #21
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
So, if they'd open a warehouse here, I would pay 80€-+120€ in shipping for a 1/5th scale statue? Because that's what we had to pay on import fees alone (!) for each of their Avengers 1/5th scale line from them. Sorry, but I don't buy that...
And it's not like their shipping is so cheap either.
Yup so warehouses really don't solve your problem. Where i come from, the local retailers ship everything in bulk, there's a substantial nonrefundable deposit but we basically are able to get sideshow statues at retail price; only the regulars of course. We receive stuff typically 2-3months after they have been released.

So it really comes down to how much of a discount your local retailers can negotiate with sideshow for the cost of the regular statues and how much of that discount is transferred to buyers.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:26 AM   #22
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's already 20% in the UK anyway. It sucks so much....

Regarding SSC helping with shipping costs. Is this still the case? We used to receive really good rates from them. My huge Predator 2 maquette was $40 shipping. This was very much appreciated at the time and definitely helped with some of the added costs we face. But that all changed a year or so ago. I paid $185 shipping for a similar sized box last week. Sadly it's all adding up to the hobby not being financially possible long term as base prices rise at very fast rates.
It is believe it or not. I am seeing double the shipping cost to Canada from SS, but half a year a go, I checked for a shipping quote from a few shippers from Canada to Australia for the SS Catwoman Pf purple outfit and it was a whopping $385 cdn. I'm pretty sure SS charges a cheaper cost to Australia.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #23
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Yeah shipping costs have definitely gone up. I was quoted at $57USD to ship the new Wolverine to Canada. While that is significantly higher than previous years, I also recognize that if I was shipping something of that size with a similar service myself, it would probably cost triple that, if not more.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #24
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Is this because of Trumps madness?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #25
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Is this because of Trumps madness?
Hey no politics.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #26
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Hey no politics.
well to be honest.. you can hardly can call it politics
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:13 AM   #27
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Yup so warehouses really don't solve your problem. Where i come from, the local retailers ship everything in bulk, there's a substantial nonrefundable deposit but we basically are able to get sideshow statues at retail price; only the regulars of course. We receive stuff typically 2-3months after they have been released.

So it really comes down to how much of a discount your local retailers can negotiate with sideshow for the cost of the regular statues and how much of that discount is transferred to buyers.
Only regulars though. And they would solve my problems as I just went to order the new Wolverine PF exclusive (I didn't want to but hubby reaaaaaally wants him and X-23).
This is the breakdown:
Price: 570.00 USD
Shipping: 81.52 USD
Total: 651.52 USD
So if I calculate import fees: 175.22 USD
Which brings our total to: 826.74 USD
Give or take as it all depends on what exchange rate they use... It's bull that 'warehouses wouldn't solve my problem'. Yes, we could only buy the regulars but for instance with the Little Mermaid statue that I'd love to have as I'm a fan of Campbell, we can't as I don't like the 'store exclusive' variant...
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote