Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-28-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sal Velluto is a name you don't see often. I sure do remember his work on JSA and JLTF. Highly underated artist. Very nice piece!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
DamonO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Here's another great piece Sal Velluto did for me back in '08. I wanted a triptych featuring the heroes of Continuity Comics, where Sal had worked at one time.
It features Samuree, Valeria the She-Bat, Megalith, Armor, Knighthawk, and Ms. Mystic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Damonpencils.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	79750  
DamonO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #23
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonO View Post
Here's another great piece Sal Velluto did for me back in '08. I wanted a triptych featuring the heroes of Continuity Comics, where Sal had worked at one time.
It features Samuree, Valeria the She-Bat, Megalith, Armor, Knighthawk, and Ms. Mystic.
I got in late for Continuity Comics but managed to snag up a few with some wonderful Neal Adams covers. I know Sal worked on a couple of those books. Might have been Knighthawk. Nice stuff there!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
DamonO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs1162 View Post
I got in late for Continuity Comics but managed to snag up a few with some wonderful Neal Adams covers. I know Sal worked on a couple of those books. Might have been Knighthawk. Nice stuff there!
The thing about Continuity Comics is that they always LOOKED better than they READ. Its too bad they didn't put as much effort into getting top notch writers as they did artists.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #25
DamonO

I'd like to introduce many of you to another artist that deserves your business. Eric Koda is a fresh new talent who has done quite a few projects in the comics industry. His best known work may well be the X:MEN: TO PROTECT AND SERVE limited series from a few years ago. He is a commission BARGAIN that does incredible for prices so reasonable they'll have you doing a double-take. He recently did a piece for me featuring the Juggernaut taking on the Atlas/Seaboard superheroes of the 1970s. He is excellent about returning e-mails and keeps his customers informed. He can be reached through his DeviantArt site here:

http://executiveorder9066.deviantart.com/
Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #26
rjs1162

I really like that Juggernaut/Atlas commission. The horizontal way it's layed out is great. Might be sending you a PM for rates. The Rangers/WCA piece is equally good! I wish I could remember his work from X-Men Protect and Serve,I only have a mild recollection. I'll have to dig those out again.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #27
DamonO

PM whenever you're ready, mi amigo.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #28
DamonO

As I mentioned here before, Val Semeiks is an incredible artist with very reasonable prices, and I have been fortunate enough to have over a dozen commissions done by him. Recently, he did a commission for a friend of mine that is one of the most fun I've seen in a long time, especially if you grew up reading Marvel comics in the 1970s. Its a piece featuring the Thing as he appeared in Hostess Fruit Pie ads. You can commission Val through his website valsemeiks.com, and you can check out this cool piece here:

http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/C...alAds_2013.jpg
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #29
rjs1162

Killer piece by Semeiks Damon! I hate to say that I remember most of those Hostess ads from when I was a kid. I think that last one was from Perez/Sinnott. Must have been a fun piece for Val to draw.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #30
jick

I would recommend Frank McLaughlin. He was the inker of most of Dick Dillin's long run on the JLA.

Dillin passed away on the peak of his run, that is why George Perez had to suddenly take over. But over the recent years, Dillin's art is starting to get more appreciated - especially his talent is drawing so many characters and fitting them in one issue.

So if you are a Dillin fan, McLaughlin is the best option to get a commission for the JLA of that era. I got a commission from him, and a really fast turnaround time - less than a month. He is also very affordable and his commissions are big - not your standard 11 x 17.

Here is a commission he did for me:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...p?piece=918904

Send me a PM for his email. Don't want to post it in a public forum.
jick is offline   Reply With Quote