Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #1261
Stiler
U talkin' to me?

I don't get why this one is more expensive then Guts? He's smaller with less detailing, yet he's more expensive and the best exclusive (helmeted head) costs an extra 300 on top of that for shipping to the US....

Easily went from my "might get" to "nope" really quickly.

I hope this doesn't mean the future statues in this line are going to go up in price on top of having the best exclusives be attached to the P1 shop.

I understand they'd like to have people order from them, but they need to understand paying 300 bucks to get something shipped on top of the already high price is going to turn away a lot of people.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #1262
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
I don't get why this one is more expensive then Guts? He's smaller with less detailing, yet he's more expensive and the best exclusive (helmeted head) costs an extra 300 on top of that for shipping to the US....

Easily went from my "might get" to "nope" really quickly.

I hope this doesn't mean the future statues in this line are going to go up in price on top of having the best exclusives be attached to the P1 shop.

I understand they'd like to have people order from them, but they need to understand paying 300 bucks to get something shipped on top of the already high price is going to turn away a lot of people.

They do understand that but that doesn't mean they want to miss out on the people that will pay the shipping and buy from them.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:32 AM   #1263
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Griffith statue is beautiful, but man is it expensive. The helmet being Prime 1 exclusive hurts too. If that is going to become a trend from here on out then it will make order decisions a lot easier for me. I'm getting priced out these days anyway.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:13 AM   #1264
iguana
Blue Falcon

Post from Kelvin on Fb one hour ago:

" Need to clarify the misconception about Griffith. P1 is able to make changes to superman cause it is still early in the design process and the changes are mainly prorportion and anatomy and not changes to the art direction. Griffith is different. As u know, it went up for po days after tcc that means before tcc, p1 has already taken the official photos ready for po this week. What p1 can do about the face sculpt is to improve on the paint job but the art direction remains the same. As for the helmet head being a p1 website exclusive, it was never part of the original offering. Only after seeing feedback from collectors that they want the helmet head that P1 included it. It is not just an extra head but the neck and torso will have to be reengineered. The cost will go up and p1 can’t change the price as it is already up for po. So only by offering it on their own website that they can absorb the extra cost. This explanation may not still sit well with some but this is a fact."
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #1265
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

HD video of Femto from Tokyo Comic Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SK3miK21w&t=0s
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:43 AM   #1266
iguana
Blue Falcon

Just ordered from P1 Store. If I ordered the reg at a local shop I could have saved about 250 - max 300 Euro but I'm really interested in the helmet head. If I wanted a custom one I must pay at least that much and if I claim there will be only 200-300 (depends on how much EX other retailers become) with the second head it's fine for me.

Edit: The Ex waitlisted on Sideshow. It's still avaiable at the P1 Store (with the extra head).

https://www.prime1studio.com/berserk...pmbr-05ex.html
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #1267
Vendetta
The X-Men

Griffith ex waitlisted at Sideshow - get on if you think you might want it.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #1268
dao2
Cyclops

not for me
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #1269
actionjackson83
Midnighter

without the helmet? Meh...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:18 AM   #1270
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
without the helmet? Meh...
I know it sucks, but maybe there’s a slim chance of them selling the portrait and arm separately (a few of us are trying for this in the FB group, as unlikely as it may be).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote