Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #11
adee
Green Arrow

I keep them. I'd still buy something w/o the shipper but I do prefer to have it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

If you have the ability to keep the 4 color boxes and styrofoam intact then keep the brown boxes. Protects the art box and doesnt require that much additional space. Plus, heaven forbid, you have to sell them it will come in very handy.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #13
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I have been keeping them to help with protecting the art boxes.. Not to mention eventually i will be moving.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #14
dechirico7
The Flash

Keep
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #15
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Shipper boxes you could potentially even store flat and re-tape later if you needed to.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #16
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

straight trash and the same goes for the Styrofoam. I never plan on selling anything I buy and if I ever have to move there are other packaging options for fragile items.

I will flatten the art boxes and keep those. keeping the boxes just seems like a waste of space
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:27 AM   #17
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayminator View Post
Ok so I got a silly question to ask.

Do you guys, or gals, keep the brown outer shipping box or do you throw them away?

I have been keeping them thinking it will hold more of a value to them, or is that not the case?

Anyone bothered about the brown box or do you guys just put it in the trash?
Its not a silly question at all. I toss mine as soon as my statue is set up, along with the interior styrofoam as well and my only regret in this regard is that I didn't start doing it a LONG time ago. The amount of space I had dedicated to empty brown shipping boxes with stryofoam in them was nothing short of insane. I do keep the art boxes as those are easily broken down and stored flat once you get rid of the interior styrofoam. I was afraid I would regret it when I first started doing it, but all in all, its been one of the of the best decisions I have ever made in regards to statue collecting. Collecting 1:4 & 1:3 statues takes up a LOT of space just with the statues alone. Add in the empty boxes and...well, it was just WAY too much space being wasted on a bunch of empty cardboard boxes and cheap styrofoam.

I now use an old steamer trunk I had restored to store all of my extra accessories for my statues. I fill the bottom of 18x24 print boxes from Light Impressions with pick & pack foam inserts. The print boxes fit almost perfectly in the trunk and I am able to stack 5 high, which gives me more than enough space than I will ever need for my statue extras and it offers FAR better protection for those accessories/switch out portraits than the original styrofoam. It also makes accessing those accessories FAR easier as well. In just a couple minutes I can get to any switch out portrait or accessory that I own and their all stored in the space that just 2 empty brown shipping boxes would have taken up. Not to mention, the steamer trunk ls beautiful so it looks a million times nicer as well.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #18
strife87
Spider-Ham

I've kept all mine.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #19
Rayminator
Frackin!

Well thanks guys! I guess it's made my decision a lot easier.
Rayminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #20
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I'd never throw them out. It almost instantly reduces the value of your piece if you ever decide to sell them(look at posted ads on facebook as evidence of this). Of course this is going to depend on the space you have available to store boxes.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote