Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
Deadpool_9
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Is this a paint defect?

I recently got the Batman Arkham Knight Prime 1 bust which came with the three heads. The battle damage one had some odd white spots on the sides.

For those of you that have this head do you see this on yours?
Is this supposed to be battle damage or is it a problem with the paint application?
Should I contact SS about it?

Thank you guys for any input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0512.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	111874   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0511.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	111875  
Deadpool_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

I don't think that's right. Mine are boxed, but I don't recall the white splotches on the sides of mine.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

That's a factory issue. Early ones used wax paper packing and they got rubs in the paint. Later ones have the same soft cloth they used for the half scale stuff. Yours looks different from that issue though, seems to be bad paint prep.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool_9 View Post
I recently got the Batman Arkham Knight Prime 1 bust which came with the three heads. The battle damage one had some odd white spots on the sides.

For those of you that have this head do you see this on yours?
Is this supposed to be battle damage or is it a problem with the paint application?
Should I contact SS about it?

Thank you guys for any input!
yes thats a defect. they'll send you a replacement, just email them with these pics.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
Deadpool_9

Thanks everyone! I'll contact SS
I'll provide an update for those that might be interested.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
Deadpool_9

So this is the reply I finally received:

"Thank you for all of your patience while we worked with Prime1 Studios. We have discussed your case in detail with their team of artists, engineers, and support staff, using all the photos and information you have provided regarding the piece.

After thorough investigation, and comparison to some shipping pieces and potential replacements, we found that any replacement we could provide would be similar or identical to your current portrait. These pieces are hand-crafted and hand-painted by individual artists, there will be minor variations in the cast, fit, paint application, and detail work between pieces. Because of this, I would personally advise you not to pursue a replacement on this occasion - the last thing we would want is to send you an identical replacement that risks more serious damage during the shipping process."

Is this a common reply they use to try to persuade someone so that they don't need to pay to ship a replacement?
Old 04-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #7
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool_9 View Post
So this is the reply I finally received:

"Thank you for all of your patience while we worked with Prime1 Studios. We have discussed your case in detail with their team of artists, engineers, and support staff, using all the photos and information you have provided regarding the piece.

After thorough investigation, and comparison to some shipping pieces and potential replacements, we found that any replacement we could provide would be similar or identical to your current portrait. These pieces are hand-crafted and hand-painted by individual artists, there will be minor variations in the cast, fit, paint application, and detail work between pieces. Because of this, I would personally advise you not to pursue a replacement on this occasion - the last thing we would want is to send you an identical replacement that risks more serious damage during the shipping process."

Is this a common reply they use to try to persuade someone so that they don't need to pay to ship a replacement?
For what it is worth from my experience, yes it is. It is probably a common canned response. I had two small 1/6 scale statues sent from BBTS made by Dark Horse with help from Gentle Giant. Granted paint apps vary from those two but both statues had very bad paint apps with paint bleed, blotches and drips over parts of the statues. Both times when I asked for a replacement BBTS replied that every statue they had in stock looked the same as the two I had. BBTS offered me a full refund or suggested I contact Dark Horse directly about it. In the end I kept both and had them repainted.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote