Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Home Economics

Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
Thor57
Teen Titans

The Green Lantern Diet thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Don't forget the diet. You gotta limit those carbs if you want muscle like that. Clearly he was regulating his diet pretty well.
False. You need carbs for the energy it provides to build muscles like that. You cut the carbs, slightly and slowly to cut up. But that's if you're trying to get stage ready and get down to 5, 4% bodyfat.

Limiting calories themselves is the key. Protein doesn't make people fat. Carbs don't make people fat. Fat, doesn't make people fat. Calories do.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
False. You need carbs for the energy it provides to build muscles like that. You cut the carbs, slightly and slowly to cut up. But that's if you're trying to get stage ready and get down to 5, 4% bodyfat.

Limiting calories themselves is the key. Protein doesn't make people fat. Carbs don't make people fat. Fat, doesn't make people fat. Calories do.
Boom. Dropping knowledge. And when you limit those calories, in order to get the right amount of energy your body needs for the day, you have no choice but to eat clean.

1 chipotle burrito, 1000 calories.
3 chicken and steamed carrot meals through out the day, less than that.

(Those are nowhere near exact numbers haha)
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

What bear is best? .....FALSE, brown bear.
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
I blow peoples minds at work with this knowledge on the daily, crazy people still believe these myths
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
gomur
The Tick

What the- what conversation did I just walk into?? Is there a new "calories" statue on the horizon?

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #6
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
What bear is best? .....FALSE, brown bear.
ALLLWWays a classic.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #7
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I blow peoples minds at work with this knowledge on the daily, crazy people still believe these myths
Well, to be fair, some of it still holds weight. Everyone's body reacts to sugar intake differently. I just hate the false information about people cutting potatoes and fruit and that stuff. No! In moderation, as with anything, fruit is super good for you.its crackers, chips, candy, processed sugar. That's the enemy.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:03 PM   #8
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:

I got news for you. I cut my carbs and sugar and I lose weight the easiest. I can eat all the fattening meat, butter, etc, etc. and I will still lose weight. With this diet, at least what I eat normally...it doesn't matter how many calories. Iv'e lost 35 pounds in the last 4 months.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #9
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
True. I think the carb myth comes from the fact that the foods constituting the "emptiest" calories tend to be high in sugar, and that junk is what packs on the pounds because it's addictive and you can eat thousands of calories worth because it isn't nutritious. So people think all carbs = fat gain, when it's really about nutrient density/the quality of what you're eating. You just can't eat enough brown rice to make you fat, but you can down half a box of oreos in minutes.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #10
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
I got news for you. I cut my carbs and sugar and I lose weight the easiest. I can eat all the fattening meat, butter, etc, etc. and I will still lose weight. With this diet, at least what I eat normally...it doesn't matter how many calories. Iv'e lost 35 pounds in the last 4 months.
It still comes down to calories. You don't get fat eating meat and butter because calorie-wise, you can't eat the caloric equivalent of a box of oreos in steak in a single meal. All carbs aren't equal in that sense either. You couldn't eat the calorie/sugar equvalent of a box of oreos in apples either, because apples have fiber and water. Similarly, you won't get fat eating brown rice or oatmeal because they are nutrient-dense, and you won't eat them compulisvely. So carbs in and of themselves aren't the problem, it's the type and quantity that matter. You need carbs for everything from muscle contraction to brain function. And excessive carb cutting will lead to more weight gain down the road; the "yo-yo" effect.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote