Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 03-25-2018, 09:35 PM   #261
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Is that a Pax holding the busts?
Yes sir, they are. I also DIY’d the cover. What I did was went to my local acrylic shop and ordered the one piece a tad smaller than the actual outer edges of the Pax. I then went to Home Depot and bought thin metal L brackets(very long ones). Cut them to size and glued them to one side(whichever you want the “door” to slide and then top and bottom. And then I cut a piece and glued it to the acrylic on the other side. Very easy and the door slides. I also reinforced the edges that I glued with max strength tape. Sounds difficult but real easy. I’m sure there’s other ways as well, but that’s what I did.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #262
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

So is this thing worth it for that kind of $$$ they are asking ? There's not many reviews and one person in this thread said it wasn't. Trying to make a decision on purchasing. The Warrior and Dog seem to have sold out pretty quickly, so I don't want to wait too long.
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #263
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
So is this thing worth it for that kind of $$$ they are asking ? There's not many reviews and one person in this thread said it wasn't. Trying to make a decision on purchasing. The Warrior and Dog seem to have sold out pretty quickly, so I don't want to wait too long.
I’m in the same boat just want to know...
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #264
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
I’m in the ge same boat just want to know...
Here in Canada with the conversion and shipping and all that, it's around $2500 so I have to be sure! lol
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #265
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

#147 is here

https://youtu.be/KUjsSsj6GN4
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #266
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

In the daylight photos this thing looks like ass. If you guys think its just like the proto you are out of your minds. It looks good in the pax with the lighting beyond that it looks cheap and with this price tag it surely is not.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #267
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
In the daylight photos this thing looks like ass. If you guys think its just like the proto you are out of your minds. It looks good in the pax with the lighting beyond that it looks cheap and with this price tag it surely is not.
No one said it looks like the proto. It’s far from it. Imo looks great in the day or in the display. I love it and it doesnt look cheap at all and has major presence. I’m sure you have pieces that look like ass that you think is great. We all have different tastes. To each their own man.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:49 AM   #268
Manu81
The Spirit

I am one of those out of his minds

https://youtu.be/78MRAszH2rQ

For me, this bust looks better than the proto shown at the comic con last year. Main difference:- chromed teeth! (Must have!)

Of course I agree with you that this bust has not it’s better look in a sunny day, specialy because we are not used to see alien sunbathing...allosaur always made his alien videos like this, with sun, so we can appreciate better details on paintjob or sculpture.

Saying that, to display those busts, I prefer Masa’s option, darker and creepier, like aliens are. I also have seen grails: cinemaquettes or the first sideshow alien figures where depending on the videos, because of lighting conditions mainly, they look worse than they are.

Anyway, I agree with Masa again, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it. It is a lot of money to spend and it is an important decisision to decide to spend it on it. I am sure that there will be at least 750 out of their minds like me that would buy this beauty!lol. That’s the great thing of this hobby; diversity!

(I still remind first review from the LSB big chap from SS...THAT was a big difference from the proto, or a downgrade if you want...this bust? Subtle differences, upgrade with teeth and may be dome not as transparent as the proto..ok for me.
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:50 AM   #269
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I'm very happy with how this turned out and its an awesome display piece. Personally, this bust and the maquette will be the ultimate Alien display (assuming Cp delivers the same with the maquette). CP's sculpts are always great imo. Like Ive said before, I am glad they took the simplistic approach or shall I say the Sano approach with the paint job. No doubt the factory would have F'd this up trying to replicate Giger's master paint job. Even professional artists would have great difficulty replicating his work. There is a reason why he is a Master Artist with his own museum, untouchable. With that said, this paint job may be too simplistic for others and may fall into the inaccurate category. Other than the skull, its pretty much black. No blending of browns/ochres etc. The beautiful blending and gradual tones of Giger is no where to be found and understandably so lol. Perhaps, a lack of detail painting might be the best way to say, that some may not like this. On the ridged areas of the skull it may be too neat/uniformed and heavy black. Perhaps, a more subtle usage of black may have been better. Gradually getting into the black or vice versa tailing off. It may have made this even more impressive, but I personally have no problem with how it is. I do think if this came out like the person who painted the proto, there would be no doubt that everyone would have "grailed" it, too bad. With the dome, I personally like that its more clear so I can see all the goodies. Its actually not as clear as it looks in person as the photos suggest. But there are many who would have preferred more of the fogged up dome, which is fair.

I definitely recommend to have this in your Alien collection.Yes, its damn expensive, but worth it imo. I think its beautiful, even with its simplistic approach. It looks F'ING KILLER displayed.
Hi massa! Could you please tell me how heavy the big chap bust is (in kilos)?? Also, does your display support well the weith of all the busts? I am now making my own display and I just wouldlike to know if I have to take care of something. Under the bust I will display another figure and I don’t want to have any trouble!

Thanks in advance!!

(Also could you mesure the place where the bigchap byst is dislayed please?? I found it perfect!)
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #270
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

What’s up Manu! My IKEA Case is almost 40inches wide. I think the bust is 36-38 inches wide. I don’t have a scale to weigh it but it isn’t super heavy. I’ve had my other Alien busts displayed in the same case for over a year with no issue. So, your custom case should be rock solid compared to my ikea cases. I’d say you shouldn’t worry