Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-11-2019, 01:22 PM   #51
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
I take it you don't follow Sideshow much.

1/5 Jungle Hunter statue (Horatio!)
1/5 Berzerker (so horizontal he is almost flying)
1/4 Jungle Hunter (looks like he is runway modeling and just did his right turn)

This one isn't in the Captain Morgan pose, so it is more creative that most everything that has come out within the last 15 years..
I know those statues.

to my eyes, this looks like the Art Director of this piece had a grand idea of a cool unique pose of the predator scaling the pillar backwards in a spider like pose. And when it translated in 3-D form, the art director was so invested in his unique pose they decided to continue with printing it #1 because they were all in on the idea #2 they didn't have a better idea.

I just think this doesn't translate well into a statue. The pose of this statue didn't exist in a scene of the film and it just seems like a perfect case of the statue producers and art directors thinking they know best. I'm happy you and others enjoy it but I think it's an oddball Predator statue.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #52
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I know those statues.

to my eyes, this looks like the Art Director of this piece had a grand idea of a cool unique pose of the predator scaling the pillar backwards in a spider like pose. And when it translated in 3-D form, the art director was so invested in his unique pose they decided to continue with printing it #1 because they were all in on the idea #2 they didn't have a better idea.

I just think this doesn't translate well into a statue. The pose of this statue didn't exist in a scene of the film and it just seems like a perfect case of the statue producers and art directors thinking they know best. I'm happy you and others enjoy it but I think it's an oddball Predator statue.
The only mass produced statue, which resembles a scene from the movie, that comes to my mind is the 1/5 Elder from Predator 2. The Cinemaquette, sort of as well. Other than that, they are all artist interpretations, and mostly bad ones.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #53
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really love this pose because it's our view of the predator during the mass killing of the Jamaican gang. We get a peek of his whereabouts during the slaughter as opposed to his victims'.

And that headsculpt looks pretty damn good so far, miles ahead of Prime 1's attempt.
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:08 AM   #54
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I really love this pose because it's our view of the predator during the mass killing of the Jamaican gang. We get a peek of his whereabouts during the slaughter as opposed to his victims'.

And that headsculpt looks pretty damn good so far, miles ahead of Prime 1's attempt.
E-xac-t-ly. Apart from the pose what makes this statue shine is that belongs to something we never got to see but we know that happened in the movie. The director chooses not to show how he fights and slaughters the gang, using an ellipsis, but shows the results.

Choosing that never seen before angle instead of the same poses as always is a neat idea that you don't see often.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #55
daz1999
Mephisto

Agreed, I love the pose , nice to see something different, I also love Primes choice even though it’s an obvious one, this is a tuff decision, need to see this painted already
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 10:48 PM   #56
Furyan
Mephisto

If this comes with a masked headsculpt as well its bought day 1.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 PM   #57
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Now Up For Order

Last edited by d rod; 04-06-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Spec Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #58
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Really ? - well that paintjob appears to have made the sculpt unrecognisable as our fave City Hunter

Last edited by d rod; 04-06-2019 at 12:52 PM.
HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:38 AM   #59
Shoo
Hercules

At least he's kept the spear.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:50 PM   #60
Python
Omega Red

I've never clicked a link so fast in my life only to be let down...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote