Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #91
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Can we fast-forward to the battle-damaged version?
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #92
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Base looks a lot better than it was, don’t mind the nameplate I always liked the robocop lettering anyway. That’s clearly not wellers likeness though so hope that gets fixed. Would still love to see the right arm holding his gun included though especially as the big base allows the clearance for it.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 AM   #93
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Not at all. I call it as I see it. I have no horse in this race. Unlike you, I don't play favorites.

If something is off, I speak up. You, "a promoter" of a Chronicle find this very troubling and try to say I am trolling, which is not the case. I am supporting my opinion with logical reasoning, it may seem inflammatory to you, but that's only because you're a Chronicle YES man.

Who's talking about Sly, i'm not. I'm comparing this portrait to Comic Dredd as it looks a little animated due to the proportions of the lips compared to the rest of the face & head.

within two seconds of seeing the Murphy face I noticed it looked off. Specifically the volume of his lips. they are too plump, too big. In my experience likeness ALWAYS appears sharper when a piece is blank and unpainted. The issue I am talking about is going to be very apparent when the face is painted, and at that point it will be too late. But Chronicle can do whatever they want to do they pay big bucks to make these pieces, I just don't want to see them do what they did the paint on the 1/4 Endo, paint on Pops, Paint on the Breakout rex, paint and jaw position on the male rex bust, paint and jaw position on the female bust, paint on the 1/9 raptor statue...am I missing anything?
Where do you guys come up with this BS? Your own biased opinion doesn't want to remember the critical posts, of which there are plenty, about them I have made(and you cherry pick their worst examples, ignoring all the good stuff).

That, and you are comparing a real person to a comic version of a different character with no mention like we are all supposed to know. Honestly to my eye that is even a worse comparison. Sure it isn't a spot on Weller, but then again I never said it was, that was just your bias talking.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #94
ottorino
The X-Men

The bust looks great even the paint app so far but I do think the face does need work .
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #95
clutch
Sailor Moon

New preview.

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:47 PM   #96
qz33
Rescue

LOVE the paint. Not sure about him facingso straight on.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #97
irod
Frackin!

While I'm very much looking forward to this piece, that doesn't look like Peter Weller to me at all.
irod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #98
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Why don't they just use a life cast of Weller, there's enough out there. No Weller likeness, no sale.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #99
chaggs1
Luke Cage

What happened to the battle damage version they promised to do?
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #100
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggs1 View Post
What happened to the battle damage version they promised to do?
Think they said this would be first and the other later? Battle damaged only available through Chronicle, while this one will show up elsewhere? They may want to get sales of this first then get folks to double dip on the BD.

Regardless of whatever was said this industry is littered with unrealized stated intentions.

Still looking for that lifesize Ra bust...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote