Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #141
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Thinking past teela ... Think TrapJaw Or Clawful would be a good next step.. they are unique and can be done very well Esp the arm wise.

Interchangeable Trap Jaw Arms would be a great touch.

Cobra Khan would be a third .. which his head/back piece
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #142
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Think anybody could/would make Triclops with a moving eye-ring? Forget EX heads, just make the piece actually moveable.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 AM   #143
grphyx1
Kingpin

Does anyone here have the full set of SideShow MOTU statues? Could you post a pic? of if there was a pic and I missed it could you post the link?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM   #144
Acolyte
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Does anyone here have the full set of SideShow MOTU statues? Could you post a pic? of if there was a pic and I missed it could you post the link?
melkor23 has the whole lineup. I told him that you are looking for a picture.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #145
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Here you are:

In my Flickr album are detailed pictures of all of them: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeR9Lts

I made an HD video of Orko for PlanetEternia.de: https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #146
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I know this p*ss off those who already own and are invested in the SS pieces but as I've said previously I'd personally love to see the line re-started but in Tweeterheads 1:6 scale, like the Mondo 1:6 figures but polystone statues and more vintage/classic in appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSlayer View Post
Thinking past teela ... Think TrapJaw Or Clawful would be a good next step.. they are unique and can be done very well Esp the arm wise.

Interchangeable Trap Jaw Arms would be a great touch.

Cobra Khan would be a third .. which his head/back piece
As much as I love Clawful and Corbra Khan I just can't see too many people forking out $500 for 1:5 versions of them, 1:6 on the other hand priced around $270+ like their Super powers line would not be as bad.

At that price and scale the likes of Clawful, Kahn, Stinkor, Whiplash, Webstor, Buzz-off, Man-E-Faces etc, etc would be more manageable.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #147
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I agree. At 1/4 scale prices, we really just need 6 (maybe 7) more characters then call it quits. Reboot in smaller, classic MOTU/PoP poses. That way it doesn't clash with the "modern" or classic line from PCS.

The 5/6 we need to see are: Teela, Sorceress, Hordak, Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Battle Cat. I would love Catra (more than any of the other listed) to pair with She-Ra. I also can't decide if Man-At-Arms needs to be made in 1/4. I think he would need to be made in 1/6.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #148
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Here you are:

In my Flickr album are detailed pictures of all of them: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeR9Lts

I made an HD video of Orko for PlanetEternia.de: https://youtu.be/70EgP7bjh7I
Thank you. They look great as a group fo sho. Just wanted to see who really had a vested interest in this lineup as opposed to a casual appreciation. When Chad mentioned that once they get approval, he has three characters ready to go to print, he meant it. So if the interest is really there I think this line can go past the usual suspects.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #149
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Definitely invested in this line. Would love the Filmation regulars in 1/5. So give us:

Goodies
Man-At-Arms
Teela
Ram Man
Stratos
Sorceress

Baddies
Beast Man
Mer-Man
Tri-Klops
Trap Jaw
Hordak
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #150
DMSlayer
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

As much as I love Clawful and Corbra Khan I just can't see too many people forking out $500 for 1:5 versions of them, 1:6 on the other hand priced around $270+ like their Super powers line would not be as bad.

At that price and scale the likes of Clawful, Kahn, Stinkor, Whiplash, Webstor, Buzz-off, Man-E-Faces etc, etc would be more manageable.
This leads into whether or not Sub Characters could pull weight in sales if gone into. and the line is only good enough for main characters .. which have been covered already.. She-Ra, Orko are partial sub.. and think have been the weaker 2 on sales. He-Man/Skeletor Being the 2 Mains.

Clawful, Cobra Khan I put in due to they would be unique characters to explore statue wise, if done right they could possibly pull people not of the MOTU crowd due to design and the type of character they are.
DMSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote