Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

DCEU Got This Thing Right

In my opinion, the DC Cinematic Universe has done something better the Marvel Cinematic Universe and that is the soundtracks for their movies. They really seem to invest the time into their comic book property soundtracks in a way that I haven't felt Marvel has, especially the Hans Zimmer produced soundtracks. They have been incredible and have felt at least to me like their preparation and the care of the composers have been at a higher level than their Marvel movie counterparts.

So, what do you all think...agree? Disagree?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

I know it doesn't seem to be popular opinion, but I love Wonder Woman's theme. I think a difference for my ear is if a theme grabs you or just sort of plays in the background. When a film forces you to focus on audio that demands your attention and is memorable it really sticks.

Outside of the Avengers theme I struggle to remember the individual heroes themes in the MCU.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

If we're strictly referring to original scores, then yes I would agree. Captain Marvel's score for example was serviceable but nothing memorable.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I know it doesn't seem to be popular opinion, but I love Wonder Woman's theme. I think a difference for my ear is if a theme grabs you or just sort of plays in the background. When a film forces you to focus on audio that demands your attention and is memorable it really sticks.

Outside of the Avengers theme I struggle to remember the individual heroes themes in the MCU.
Agreed. I remember the Avengers theme and the Winter Soldier theme at the end of the movie. Other than that, the Marvel films soundtracks haven't seemed to have the gravitas of the DC films.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:05 PM   #5
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
If we're strictly referring to original scores, then yes I would agree. Captain Marvel's score for example was serviceable but nothing memorable.
Yes, I'm referring to the original scores, not things like AC DC playing in Iron Man 1, etc.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Yes, I'm referring to the original scores, not things like AC DC playing in Iron Man 1, etc.
Then yes, I emphatically agree. It's a good point I hadn't considered before. Kinda makes it feel like the MCU phones it in in this regard.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

I thought the Iron Man theme from Iron Man 3 was pretty good.

Some of the music in Thor 1 was nice, but parts of the score were pilfered from one of the Transformers movies.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #8
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Then yes, I emphatically agree. It's a good point I hadn't considered before. Kinda makes it feel like the MCU phones it in in this regard.
That's how I've felt for the most part on the MCU films.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #9
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Aquaman score is fantastic. So many wonderful themes and very memorable. Best score for me since Fellowship. Best DC score.

Marvel Phase 1 had some memorable scores.
Captain America is probably the best one and a great main theme.
Iron Man 1 was also good, hated they changed it up and didn’t bring back Ramin Djawadi.
Thor also had a great theme in part 1. Avengers theme also good but nothing that memorable for Marvel since Phase 1.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote