Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

"Let's blow a doobie & talk advance physics."

I thought last night's episode was fun. The fight scenes were very much an homage to big, super-hero comic-book fight scenes, so, once again, it looks like we have comic readers behind the scenes in this one. Acting still a little wooden w/ a few characters & the ship makes no sense on the inside when compared to the outside. Still, it's CW' fun and I'm sticking. Am hoping for A Flash appearance.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #12
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

I thought last night's episode was fun. The fight scenes were very much an homage to big, super-hero comic-book fight scenes, so, once again, it looks like we have comic readers behind the scenes in this one. Acting still a little wooden w/ a few characters & the ship makes no sense on the inside when compared to the outside. Still, it's CW' fun and I'm sticking. Am hoping for A Flash appearance.
The only thing I didn't like about the fight scenes was you had Captain Cold shooting people with his freeze ray but nobody was frozen and then you have Heat Wave shooting flames at guys but nobody catches on fire... The ironic thing is I think Captain Cold and Heat Wave are the best characters on the show, it's just their weapons don't make sense with G rated violence...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #13
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The only thing I didn't like about the fight scenes was you had Captain Cold shooting people with his freeze ray but nobody was frozen and then you have Heat Wave shooting flames at guys but nobody catches on fire... The ironic thing is I think Captain Cold and Heat Wave are the best characters on the show, it's just their weapons don't make sense with G rated violence...
I noticed this too. You did see frost spray from Capt. Cold's gun's ray & some frost blow off of victims upon contact during some shots. Maybe ( ) both guns have the ability to tone down their levels a bit. Off scene, maybe Rip has coached them both not to kill on account of the possible time-line-repercussions down the road. I agree that the duo are the best characters on the show. Their acting is just really fun to watch. Thinking about binge-watching Prison Break because of it.

The Hawk-Couple fx were pretty solid & The Firestorm fx have gotten much better.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well I watched the first part of the pilot episode...overall very mediocre (about on par with Gotham for me). I'll watch the 2nd half of the pilot and see if I stick with it
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Some Spoiler Discussion Below

This episode raises a big question I was hoping would be dealt with already but has so far been dodged.

Given the Pilot episode established Vandal is active at least until 2166 given the story's beginning, how far back are the Legends willing to go back and change the timeline to stop Vandal?

It's never really brought up but Vandal by virtue of existing for those next 191 years has shaped that history. And Rip even in just the first episode made it clear Vandal's behind most of the major events in human history one way or another.

Even if they kill him in the relatively RECENT 1975 (which they won't for virtue of story) how far back can they kill him without it rupturing the timeline?

And if they somehow do end the series killing him before his rise to power in 2166 woiuldn't they almost HAVE to kill him in the relative present of the Flash Arrow showverse? Otherwise they run into the paradox of killing Vandal before they ever knew Vandal existed int the first place IE his introduction in the Flash Arrow crossover.

Of course given how little Rip did this episode part of me wonders if he knew the team was doomed to failure. I mean he didn't say he wanted to kill Vandal yet. Just figure out a way to stop his rise to power. And in this latest episode case Rip seemed to want to do reconnaisance more than anything.

Lastly the fixing of Stein's timeline was a bit silly overall. They spent how much of the episode worrying about it only to have Rip kinda handwave and fix it? How? It wasn't explained much and past Stein didn't seem prepareed to trust any of this group. I mean yeah he's a Time Master and he's probably good at fixing the timeline but I kinda want help understanding how he fixed this bit.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:42 AM   #16
jamepeytoni011
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm still enjoying The Flash a lot and Gotham also.
jamepeytoni011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #17
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

I thought last night's episode was fun.

This is how I felt too. The show likely won't last more than a season or two but it certainly is a fun show to watch. It has potential. I just hope they don't wimpify Capt Cold and Heatwave.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #18
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The show is alright. I would never re-watch a season or anything.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #19
Gothamite
Phoenix

Watched all three seasons in the past two/three months. First season was weak, in large part because Hawkman/Hawkgirl/Vandal Savage were so poorly written and acted. Glad I stuck with it, though. White Canary, Atom, and Heatwave are great. I wish they hadn't gone full silly in the Season 3 finale, though.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:10 AM   #20
abarron
Batman

Favourite of the 3 "Arrowverse" shows we watch. Doesn't take itself too seriously and more fun than Arrow and not as boring as Flash
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote