Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-23-2018, 07:35 AM   #61
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Geoff Johns is one of my favorite writers as well. Almost all the things which i read from him were amazing.

Teen Titans were superb... my only little complain is he played the evil superboy part too early... I mean everyone saw that Superboy would turn evil from a mile away right ? lol at some point because of luthor genes and probably luthor did a number on him geneticly and stuff... Evil Superboy should have been bigger, kind of like a Teen Titans event. I was really looking forward to that but it happened so fast, early and little. I partly read his JSA and it was amazing, my only little complain is Black Adam and Isis conculusion was corny. Infinite Crisis was amazing, congrats to everyone whoever worked on Infinite Crisis. It was a delight to read with all of its side stories. Aquaman Geoff made Aquaman ''cool'' in the eyes of majority of comic book fans, what can you ask more. Green Lantern was so good as far as i read. I had a crisis of my own in the middle of The Geoff Green Lantern run so i haven't read all of it... Forver Evil was good. I really enjoyed it. Batman Earth One vol. 1 and 2 were nice attempts of realism... showing what he thought was unrealistic about Batman mythos... It was kind of too gun pro with Alfred killing the mayor penguin with a shotgun and saving Bruce's life though. All thanks to guns which Bruce ''stupidly'' refuse to use according to Geoff Johns... lol And Alfred didn't go to prison for killing The mayor of all people in his office with a shotgun... lol Geoff's guns have that magical power. lol Birthday boy was amazing, probably the best new Batman villain. I look forward to 3rd Catwoman part. And ofcourse the biggest part we all wait for is Joker

I haven't read his Flash, JLA and some of early and middle parts of his JSA, half of his Green Lantern inculuding Blackest Night... But i will read them all in time. I look forward to that.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #62
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Don’t read past Blackest Night. His Green Lantern work is brilliant from Rebirth through Blackest Night, after which it jumps the shark.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #63
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
The Court Of Owls was a good story, outside of that, I really don’t get all the hoopla for Scott Snyder. I think he’s very over rated. Same goes for Geoff Johns.
Court of Owls was great until the finale, which was so anticlimactic it left me completely cold. Everything Snyder did on Batman was underwhelming as well.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #64
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Don’t read past Blackest Night. His Green Lantern work is brilliant from Rebirth through Blackest Night, after which it jumps the shark.
I think he made Sinestro the main character of the book, the Green lantern after Blackest Night or something, i remember checking it out on newsarama at some point. I plan to get The Omnibuses of Geoff Johns GL, so the aftermath of Blackest Night will come with it even if it's not good. That's ok though, i want to own everything Geoff Johns. I like him as a person and comic book writter

I wish DC made Blackest Night Omnibuses with all the tie ins. :/ I have been waiting for that thing for so long now.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote