Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-23-2018, 12:03 AM   #11
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I'm also glad they're back. It's more eye catching to have the costume broken up with color than just straight grey. Granted there's other ways to do it, but they just haven't done it.

And the Arkham City and Asylum costumes both have the classic trunks, only Arkham Origins and Knight didn't. However I think Origins broke up the color the same way the trunks would have by making the armored legs grey in way that kinda looked like chaps, but it worked well.

Either way I'm happy, but it would be great if they could find a middle ground.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #12
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Classic is perfect. ‘Nuff said.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #13
Vermis
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't care if Superman has penties or not but Batman having his penties back is disappointing... Arrested Development is super hero comics' problem... there is never real progress. It always goes back to what it was... That's probably why only a minority of people read this.
Just watched a video on youtube by 'Professor Geek', who makes a good (or at least interesting) argument for the iconic look and composition of Batman's costume. Can't say I disagree with his assessment of the more utilitarian versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPBbfg2Sks

I agree that arrested development is a problem in superhero comics - one of the reasons I dropped out of buying monthlies. But then, as with things I hear about now, I'd say the problem had far, far more to do with writers, related editorial decisions, and stagnant status quo, than with how a given artist drew a given costume.
Vermis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 AM   #14
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermis View Post
Just watched a video on youtube by 'Professor Geek', who makes a good (or at least interesting) argument for the iconic look and composition of Batman's costume. Can't say I disagree with his assessment of the more utilitarian versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPBbfg2Sks

I agree that arrested development is a problem in superhero comics - one of the reasons I dropped out of buying monthlies. But then, as with things I hear about now, I'd say the problem had far, far more to do with writers, related editorial decisions, and stagnant status quo, than with how a given artist drew a given costume.
Ofcourse, it's arrested development with everything about them when it comes to super heros, not just costume...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #15
SONICobra
Bane

i dont mind the classic look but truth be told new52 was by far my favorite batman costume. i just dont see why bruce would put on pants then say "ok now for the trunks". but since i didnt care for the rebirth costume im glad to see it go one way or another
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #16
Mister H
Green Goblin

I knew Rebirth costume wouldn’t last long and I am glad the trunks are back. I just hope he keeps the black and grey color scheme with the black bat symbol on his chest. The armored up look I can do without and the trunks aren’t mandatory for me but I do like them
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:48 AM   #17
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Not to mention neither the N52 or Rebirth belt were practical. What was he storing, match sticks and credit cards?
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:41 AM   #18
SONICobra
Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Not to mention neither the N52 or Rebirth belt were practical. What was he storing, match sticks and credit cards?
lol hey man batman goes a lot of dark places, match sticks are never a bad thing and one should never leave the cave without the bat card

i actually liked the N52 belt (surprise) depending on who drew it. capullo and fabok always made it look functional without being bulky and oversized. the rebirth belt often doesnt even look like a utility belt at all and with its stupid angles look extremely uncomfortable especially for someone jumping around rooftops
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hqdefault.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	115538  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:37 PM   #19
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

^ Lol
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:07 AM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Looks like the classic costume is back in Batman #53.

https://www.newsarama.com/41382-batm...-spoilers.html
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote