Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-08-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Fantastic Four #1

https://www.newsarama.com/41277-best...out-faith.html

Anyone else pick this up and read it? I’m sick of getting burned by glowing reviews of poor or mediocre stories. I’m also sick of relaunching decades-old character series with new #1 issues, but after a 3 year hiatus I’m happy the FF are back.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:40 AM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I love FF. I'm so glad that they are back, but no, i haven't got the 1st issue 'cause i don't collect floppies anymore. I don't even collect TPBs... just Omnibuses so i can't wait for the FF Omnibuses in the future. I will be there when they collected the run as omnibus.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I read #1 and it was sorta a let down imo. Never spending 6 bucks on a #1 again... Which seems like Marvel cranks out new #1 with 300 variants every week. The Story didn't really do anything for me. The art is awful especially towards the end. I'm most likely going to drop this. I also seen that Dan Slott is the writer and I absolutely hated the majority of his Spider-Man books for like the last 10 years... The new Spider-Man book by Nick Spencer is surprisingly good though imo.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

It was pretty-good leaning on the over-sentimental at times. I enjoyed the guest stars. A lot of what Benn & Johnny discussed in the recent Marvel-Two-In-One was rehashed here in a nutshell version, & very little of that title was even referenced, & when it was it was only in a mere sentence or two (like it barely happened). It's the FF so I'll stick with it. Hopefully it'll get even better. The timing in the last page was a tad too coincidental pertaining to the issue-build-up, but what the hell. At least things seem to be getting back to normal.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #5
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So...does this mean Johnny has to give back all the money and patents he inherited in Uncanny Avengers? =D
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #6
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I picked it up after never ready the FF on a regular basis. I just missed them in the Marvel Universe and wanted to see what they have in store for them . I have enjoyed the Marvel 2 In One with Ben and Johnny and have looked forward to it. I have yet to read it and will save my opinion for awhile. I'm just glad they are back.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:56 PM   #7
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Did they put Johnny Storm in a dress in this one?
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:43 PM   #8
whd
Suicide Squad

I quite enjoyed the first issue.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Okay, after holding off a couple of weeks out of trepidation, I just read the new FF #1. I’m not sure Sara Pichelli is the right artist to capture the action and wonder of the FF but she feels right for getting the heart part. Slott did good work on The Thing miniseries (Idol O’ Millions) years back so, despite how sick I was of him on Spidey after Superior Spider-Man, I had some hope. And, this issue was okay, maybe even good. Not sure it’s great but I’m actually looking forward to the next issue which I haven’t felt from any recent title except Jason Aaron’s Thor. Hmmmm.

Last edited by wktf; 08-18-2018 at 01:59 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote