Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #501
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Black Butler, vol. 9-19 8/10

The murder mystery arc was nice, i liked how the circus arc melted in to it in the end, The zombie ship arc came after that was kind of too much influanced by Titanic film... The ship Campania's hit to an iceberg and sink, but zombies were a nice touch. School arc was nice, the zombie ship arc kind of melted in to it... But i wish the main villain was someone else other than the undertaker again... And Ciel was like OMG you killed fellow students, how evil ! lol is this the same ruthless kid from before ? I thought Ciel wouldn't judge the evil deeds like that since he himself does so many. Aristocrat of evil acting all rightious on his high horse, it seems, all of a sudden. I liked the cricet game, it was fun. The manga turns in to murder mystery to sport manga, it has lots of versitalities. The current arc, i'm in the middle of is the werewolf arc, and it's fun so far.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #502
protector2814
Phoenix

Man-Oh-Man-Oh-Chevetz, Christian Duce' art on this month's Flash is good! This book is a great read!
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #503
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Thor Simonson Omnibus 4/5

It took me a LONG time to get into this, and I mean a long time - like 600 pages. Not that I disliked the first half of the book, I just think I wasn't reading it through the right lenses if that makes sense. Like for me I need to understand the type of book I'm reading and some are more obvious than others. Some are horror - easy. Some are comedy - easy. This one to ME at least was a fantasy. But I kept reading it like a super hero book. Once I started reading it like a fantasy what with elves and magic and Nordic mythos and floating castles I LOVED it. I know I'm weird that way. But by the end I can see why this is seen as one of if not THE definitive Thor run. I loved it and I now want to read more Thor.
So are the first 600 pages not as great or is it just cause you were reading it expecting something else?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #504
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
So are the first 600 pages not as great or is it just cause you were reading it expecting something else?
Reading it expecting something else.

If you like the first bit, you will like all of it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 06:12 PM   #505
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The Goon Library vol 1 - 4.5/5
The Invisibles omnibus - 3.5/5
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:05 PM   #506
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Ex Machina TPBs 1-10
Wildstorm (Yeah, I thought it was Vertigo, too)

I finally got the last two TPBs to finally read the whole story. Like many have said, the ending was a bit of a let down. That said, I still enjoyed the journey.

Prophet TPBs 1-5
Image Comics

A trippy sci-fi Heavy Metal/European inspired tale that takes place centuries after the 1990's Extreme stories. I enjoyed it and all the crazy/weird directions it went. I'm so surprised the market allowed something this different to survive, but I'm happy it did!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #507
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

A girl on The Shore 9/10

This is the first Inio Asano work which i read. (I also have all the Punpun volumes) I hear from most manga readers that they don't like this Asano work... and it was short so i cheked it out, knowing how popular the Asano, what is it with this single volume short that make his regular readers don't like it...

And oh boy... Was there alot of sex scenes in this manga lol i was like oh so this is what made them don't like it, after all they are like i'm all for violance but god forbide any sex scene.... lol simpletons. This manga is beautiful, it's as slice of life as it gets and that include the ''dirty'' sex boys and girls. As i said, it's a beautiful slice of life manga about junior high kids, Isobe and Koume, they are last year at junior high and they are sex budies... lol Isobe is pretty depresed lonely avarage boy because of the suicide of his older brother because of bullying at school... Koume is an avarage junior high girl, not that cute at all lol an avarage girl... They get together at Isobe's house and have sex, alot. Isobe thinks of suicide and Koume falls for him as the time pass... And on a stormy school festival day, Isobe kind of took his brothers ravenge from some other school kids, and got some relief. Koume looked for him everywhere at storm and finally after the storm, she found him at school with a new ugly hair cut lol he was cheerful, that suprised Koume. Later on police come to ask for the assult on the stormy night to Isobe, Isobe was like sure ask anything, and we never saw him again... Probably Police got everything from him and took him custody. Poor boy. At the last chapter, we see Koume with her new boy friend at last year of high school... She probably already forget all about Isobe... It's that she lost her cameras SD card at the shore... And at the early parts of manga Isobe found an SD card on the shore, found a girl's selfies in it. So this SD card could be the same SD card, somekind of time travel phenomenan possibly,last year junior high student Isobe found Senior High school girl Koume's SD card on the shore... Interesting but that's not clear, manga doesn't clearly states that both are the same SD cards. It's ambigius.

I liked this manga and looking forward to reading Goodnight Punpun.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #508
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Cover #1
DC/Jinxworld

A very fun and intriguing first issue. The middle was a bit meh as the story dived into the story the protagonist was working on, but the actual parts between the lead and his rich-but-possibly-crazy fan was interesting and fun.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:08 AM   #509
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Knightfall Omnibuses 1 - 3.

Just read all three, back-to-back. Volume 1 is intense, a solid 7/10. Volume 2 is a painful snore, a 3/10. Volume 3 brings it home in a big way, an 8/10.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #510
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post

Prophet TPBs 1-5
Image Comics

A trippy sci-fi Heavy Metal/European inspired tale that takes place centuries after the 1990's Extreme stories. I enjoyed it and all the crazy/weird directions it went. I'm so surprised the market allowed something this different to survive, but I'm happy it did!
Agreed! This is one of the best and most original series I've encountered in 40+ years of reading comics. I loved every issue, and it led to my trying other works by all of the writers and artists involved. I discovered this series at a time when I was considering giving up on comics entirely, and it renewed my faith in the medium.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote