I think Savitar is Barry
Spoiler
Good Call
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #342
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Ironically... I'm watching this series as I type this. Currently 6 episodes back, watching the 2nd Grodd episode now. The fact that I'm surfing the web while this is on in the background might be a good indicator I should call it quits, but for some reason I keep holding out hope it'll get better. Probably due to the good will the series built in it's first two seasons. That said it still just blows my mind how far this series has fallen. Even my fiancée, who doesn't watch the series, said it sounds like a soap opera as she was doing things around the house and could only hear it. Unfortunately I can't dispute her claim because that's basically what it's turned in to. I'm half tempted to just read what happens in the next 5 episodes skipping ahead to what's current. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like I'll miss anything except for more pointless supporting character drama while Barry continues to struggle figuring out the identity of Savitar. Am I wrong?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:23 AM   #343
protector2814
Phoenix

+ It looks like they've rolled in two additional characters on to "Team Flash" after last night's episode. Seriously, the actors now take 2 minute turns up at bat to deliver a line or two. It's stupid & trying to watch. This show needs to be stripped down to its foundation w/ The Flash & just a couple extras in the know. I've been watching season one on Netflix & it's so pure & unfettered. What the F happened?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #344
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Well the Savatar reveal could be seen coming several episodes ago.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:25 AM   #345
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Well many of you are a lot more critical of this show, as I think this follows the comics much better, at least in essence, than most of the other CW shows, I really enjoyed last nights Finale. Although:

Spoiler
I'm a bit hesitant to think this is where Barry hands the torch off to Wally for two reasons, 1. I just think it's too early and 2. The News paper from 2024 stated the Flash didn't disappear until then and still looked like Barry. So I think it might take quite a few episodes Barry will be back sometime in season 4. I do think this might give Wally more a chance to shine, instead of being an afterthought, even if it's for a short time.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #346
protector2814
Phoenix

Spoilers-

I agree. I think Barry will be back but not for a while. Pretty good finale although the tech. used by HW to do what he did was never rally explained nor did it explain the voice changes. Still think they could jettison a 1/3 of the cast, no problem. It's way too busy. My wife questioned Barry's willingness to do what he did towards the end, but I chalked I up to his decency. In the comics, Barry's always been an incredibly decent fellow, & I think the CW is using that.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #347
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Spoilers-
I agree. I think Barry will be back but not for a while. Pretty good finale although the tech. used by HW to do what he did was never rally explained nor did it explain the voice changes. Still think they could jettison a 1/3 of the cast, no problem. It's way too busy.
Spoiler
My wife questioned Barry's willingness to do what he did towards the end, but I chalked I up to his decency.
In the comics, Barry's always been an incredibly decent fellow, & I think the CW is using that.
I agree with your wife.
Spoiler
I think Barry was too willing to leave, especially, when he just delivered the wedding invites. I think Wally will be the Flash for a few episodes in S4 while Cisco and Wells devise a plan to get Barry out of the speedforce.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #348
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man I was hoping this season would tie things up with this Speed Force nonsense. Doesn't appear that's going to be the case. Finale was a major letdown but was on par with a very disappointing season so I'm not surprised. Currently on the fence if I'll tune in for S4. If they shift to Wally I'm most definitely out as I can't stand the character.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #349
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I thought the finale was decent, I like the twist they pulled with Iris, but the very end really came out of nowhere, there was no buildup, I was expecting Jay to volunteer to go back
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:14 PM   #350
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I thought the finale was decent, I like the twist they pulled with Iris, but the very end really came out of nowhere, there was no buildup, I was expecting Jay to volunteer to go back
It's still a good show just not great like the last two seasons. I liked the finale battle but the ending with the mom was just weird and not a good cliffhanger.

I still watch them all minus Supergirl. I like her as a guest star but they show really went downhill and was never on the same level as the others. Arrow seasons 1 and 2 were my favorites.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote