Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 08-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #151
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I hope so

From the pictures i've seen of Kitana in production, PCS appear to be on track to deliver. I'm assuming the same factory will produce Mileena. I think Mileena is possibly less complicated than Kitana to make.
Thinking so too. Kitanas weapons are quite difficult and fragile... Mileena is hopefully easier to produce. I got Sub Zero in 1/3by PCS and mine is superb. I put his light on feature to my light system of the cabines so his ice ball is on light when cabines are lighted up.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:21 AM   #152
ukshaun
Hercules

SideShow - Harley Quinn PF EX (swap-out hand with hammer)

Harley Quinn arrived today. If I’m honest, Harley seems on mediocre side compared to many of my other ΒΌ pieces. Mixed media jacket, many plastic parts, edges the piece closer to toy, away from quality statue.

If the Sideshow Captain Marvel was rated 10/10 and Sideshow Aspen 9/10, i'd rate Sideshow Harley Quinn 7/10

Positives:
The paint app on Harley’s red & blue hot pants works well (i thought they were fabric).
Harley looks quite close to the prototype.
Mixed media jacket looks great.
Fishnet stockings done extremely well. There is a groove at the rear of both of Harley’s legs (which is a slight negative).
The EXclusive hammer looks great, as does the baseball bat (both are made from plastic).
Harley’s boots turned out great.

Negatives:
Heart tattoo placed too low down on Harley’s face.
Hands are made from plastic.
Base appears to be made from plastic (possibly with resin inside to add some weight).
The red & blue make up on Harley’s cheeks lacks enough streakiness, and looks more like airbrushed patches.
The barrel on Harley’s plastic pistol is slightly warped (non straight) which makes it look a bit cheap.
The gold pudding choker appears to be made from a rubber plastic.
Gold spiked cuff’s are made from a type of rubbery plastic. They fail to compared with those on Hot Tots 1/6 figure or those of the Prime 1 1/3 statue. One of mine arrived with a hole in it.
The pigtails, while being simple to attach, appear to sit in position. There is a looseness, like they could fall out.
Gold safety-pin ear rings hang at a 45 degree angle, not vertically, killing any illusion of gravity. These small details make or break a piece.

Issues:
Hole in gold spiked cuff.
One eye higher than the other.
Peg below left boot failed to fully insert by 2mm/3mm
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:29 AM   #153
mars
The Spirit

Jeez that doesn't sound too good, so what would be your final verdich had you known all of what you know now?

Would you still have bought this or would you have scrap this one and bought the P1 1/3 version

I have this one on order and I have one repayment still to go. With what you're saying now I'm thinking lose my NRD and and put another $600 AU on the Prime 1 version
mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:44 AM   #154
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Jeez that doesn't sound too good, so what would be your final verdich had you known all of what you know now?

Would you still have bought this or would you have scrap this one and bought the P1 1/3 version

I have this one on order and I have one repayment still to go. With what you're saying now I'm thinking lose my NRD and and put another $600 AU on the Prime 1 version
Update: Sideshow are sending out a replacement portrait.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #155
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If Sideshow send out a replacement portrait that has no eye issues, i can probably live with the boot peg not fully inserting. I sense Sideshow cutting corners.

I'm going to pass on getting the Joker. I had considered him. I could return Harley and get Red Sonja, as that piece turned out great.

I own the Prime 1 Harley, and that is an amazing piece. I'm starting to lean towards 1/3 scale. Pay more, better quality, collect less of them
Quality over quantity is never a bad way to go about collecting.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM   #156
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn Prisoner Version

This arrived today. The original plan was to pass on it. But () i own the other Hot Toys Harley
(with open mouth) and Sideshow put up a 35% discount code (which covered the shipping).
It's a cool figure, and take's my Hot Toys collection to a total of 4

Unlike the recent Sideshow Harely Quinn PF, the eye's are perfect, the heart tattoo sits in the
correct place. If Hot Toys can deliver this level of detail on a 1/6 scale, why don't 1/4 statues
equal or better them?
Old 09-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #157
GaryTonge
Kingpin

She looks gorgeous!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:48 AM   #158
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
She looks gorgeous!
..not bad for a figure
Old 09-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #159
ukshaun
Hercules

The replacement portrait arrived from Sideshow today and my love for the Sideshow Harley Quinn 1/4 PF has increased
Originally i rated the piece 7/10. Now i'd rate the piece 8.5/10
Old 09-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #160
ukshaun
Hercules