Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Batman Dark Trunks are Back

Yep, with the return of Superman’s red trunks, Batman’s traditional look is coming back, too.

New 52 is being reversed in every way. Thank goodness.

https://13thdimension.com/finally-ba...k-trunks-back/
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Thank God, Devil or Sun in the sky! Finally!!!!!
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I don't care if Superman has penties or not but Batman having his penties back is disappointing... Arrested Development is super hero comics' problem... there is never real progress. It always goes back to what it was... That's probably why only a minority of people read this.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't care if Superman has penties or not but Batman having his penties back is disappointing... Arrested Development is super hero comics' problem... there is never real progress. It always goes back to what it was... That's probably why only a minority of people read this.
An actual improvement would be fine. A new look isn’t good just because it’s new. Look at the changes to the outfits for Captain America, Thor, Green Arrow, Green Lantern...the list goes on. Batman and Superman have looked like they’ve been wearing one piece pajamas since New 52. The reversal here is an improvement.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Penties are not cool. They shouldn't have gone back to them runing. Arkham Game costume is pretty cool. They should have used that. They are just too lazy ass.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It does amaze me how the topic of trunks on Superman or Batman can cause such disagreement. I have to say that I liked both designs, with and without. I do think the return of them does give a feeling of nostalgia, which is not a bad thing.

However, if this means that the return of the trunks means that the current Batman costume is going away (for good hopefully) then I am all for it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Penties are not cool. They shouldn't have gone back to them runing. Arkham Game costume is pretty cool. They should have used that. They are just too lazy ass.
It’s not lazy. It an aesthetic look that’s an improvement to the trunk-less, purple cape interior, yellow highlighted bat symbol that’s been an aesthetic fail. Again, newer is not better. This is why Spider-Man continues to return to his classic Ditko-designed outfit. Because it’s aesthetically perfect and exciting. Obviously, your opinion is the right one for you, but don’t confuse aesthetic preferences and decisions for laziness. My post above notes some costume changes that have made sense. Neither new nor old de facto means better
Old 07-22-2018, 12:34 PM   #8
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
It’s not lazy. It an aesthetic look that’s an improvement to the trunk-less, purple cape interior, yellow highlighted bat symbol that’s been an aesthetic fail. Again, newer is not better. This is why Spider-Man continues to return to his classic Ditko-designed outfit. Because it’s aesthetically perfect and exciting. Obviously, your opinion is the right one for you, but don’t confuse aesthetic preferences and decisions for laziness. My post above notes some costume changes that have made sense. Neither new nor old de facto means better
New 52 costume was good. Rebirth Costume sucks, yeah so are penties. I don't want Batman in penties or purple cape... It's not good design.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
New 52 costume was good. Rebirth Costume sucks, yeah so are penties. I don't want Batman in penties or purple cape... It's not good design.
New 52 costume was good for you, not for me. Superfluous and random details for what should be a sleek and dark character and the onesie pajama look just look ridiculous to me. We just disagree. It’s all good.

Last edited by wktf; 07-24-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
New 52 costume was good for you, not for me. Superfluous and random details for what should be a sleek and dark character and the he onesie pajama look just look dnridiculous to me. We just disagree. It’s all good.
Yeah, dude we can disagree in a friendly way. I'm ok, don't worry.