Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 AM   #21
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Believe it or not she's more hardcore than Logan. She is the 23rd clone attempt in the Weapon's X project to recreate another Wolverine (since they could not get the original back), but the big difference is she has ALWAYS been in a lab, training to be a master killer. Although she was a clone, she was forced to kill her "mother" due to her conditioning. She has problems assimilating with other people because she has a darker, bleak look at life due to her training. She was part of the New X-MEN and was making strides in working with a team and learning how to trust and care for people. When the New X-MEN were disbanded, Cyclops drafted her as one one Wolverine's X-FORCE task force. X-FORCE is a hush hush group that Cyclops put together to permanently (ie. KILL) threats to the dwindling mutant community. X-23 had 2 awesome mini series that are well worth every penny: Innocence Lost and Target X.
Thanks mate! The more I hear about X-23 the more I want to explore. At first I thought, ok yet ANOTHER Wolverine knock off, but it seems she has been developed really well....
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #22
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Thanks mate! The more I hear about X-23 the more I want to explore. At first I thought, ok yet ANOTHER Wolverine knock off, but it seems she has been developed really well....
She is and with her popularity she will likely be around longer than any of us. I would say Wolverine is like Coke, the original and X-23 is like Pepsi, the new generation
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #23
Juggernaut
The Falcon

The Origin of Hawkman and Hawkgirl written by Mark Waid with pencils by Joe Bennett.

What series is this from?
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #24
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
The Origin of Hawkman and Hawkgirl written by Mark Waid with pencils by Joe Bennett.

I don't know. The last update I read on both characters was the Hawkworld mini by Tim Truman.
Isn't that still the origin of the character today?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #25
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I don't know. The last update I read on both characters was the Hawkworld mini by Tim Truman.
It was incorporated into the history of the character, sort of, I think, maybe... see JSA volume 3 and Robinson & Johns' Hawkman series.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #26
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post

It's probably one of the two page origin stories that were included as back-ups to some of the issues of 52. Mark Waid wrote all of those, which were drawn by various artists. They continued them in Countdown, but those were written by Scott Beatty.

As far as I remember, they were not included in the 52 trade paperbacks.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #27
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
It was incorporated into the history of the character, sort of, I think, maybe... see JSA volume 3 and Robinson & Johns' Hawkman series.
The Hawkworld series featured Katar Hol, but the current Hawkman is a resurrected Carter Hall. Plus the current Hawkgirl is the reincarnated Golden Age Hawkgirl.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #28
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
I have a question. How can some people have read Secret Invasion and have read Final Crisis say they are about the same? I mean, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but come on! At least I understand Secret Invasion, the ending and the ramifications that it will cause. With Final Crisis I can't say I understood it or the ending or the ramifications that it will have on the DCU. Can anyone explain it?

Lol. Not 1 DC fan can step in and enlighten me.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #29
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I like this idea. Just all around comic questions you may have but don't feel like startinig a thread with.
Thanks Rocket .

Here's one I've always wondered about -

Did Matt Murdock and Black Widow break-up? What happened to their relationship. I can't recall. also what ever happened to Matt's seeing eye dog from back when Colan was on art and he and Natasha lived in San Francisco? Did Matt put him down when he moved back to NYC?

Final question for now - What happened to Bruce Wayne's Penthouse Apartment in the Wayne Bldg.?
Did he just shut it down and fill in all the cool tubes to the cave underneath when he moved back to Wayne Manor? Why did he move there in the 1st place?
Matt and the Widow are what youd call F-buddies.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #30
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Matt and the Widow are what youd call F-buddies.
hahaha I was thinking that myself VaultMan!!! But wasn't there a point at some time, where they actually dated?
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote