Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-09-2024, 11:34 AM   #101
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique crysis View Post
What Tifa did you go for Augen?
I don't wish to derail the thread, but since you asked.

I got a Tifa from "Pink Pink". Now I admit, I should have done homework as learned a harsh lesson.

The statue is good capturing the PS1 look of Tifa.

However, what I didn't know was the clothes came separately and had to be put on. The problem is that either the bra was too small or bust too big, because it would not fit. I had to send this piece to forum member Vince Vell to sand her down and affix the clothes tightly as I had no interest in ever removing them. This model of clothes being put on is used by nearly all Tifa pieces I looked into and for my wallet and poor Vince's sanity I passed and just hope someone makes a Remake version with fully sculpted and clothed.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 01:17 PM   #102
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I passed and just hope someone makes a Remake version with fully sculpted and clothed.
I'm not a fan of the Pink Pink one unfortunately. I think the face is way off. Their Cloud is really good though.

Mayflies Studio 1/4
Dayu Studio 1/4
Fan Art Studio 1/3
FA (Fallen Angel) Studio 1/4
Moss Studio 1/4

All are fully sculpted and clothed. Some come with an extra nude body and mixed media clothing for more money. Some are the classic design a few are remake. Some are sold out and some are in production. I had Mayflies it was ok. Face was meh. I have Dayu and it's the best 1/4 face out there imo. Just sold the Fan Art one. Face is off at certain angles same with her proportions when you start looking at her from angles other than straight forward and the other two are in preproduction. Sunbird Studios Advent Children Tifa is amazing as well. Also sculpted. Figure if you want to dip your toes these are your best bet.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 09:27 PM   #103
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I can't imagine factories turning away major licensed companies in favor of small customs with low ES runs. If anything, it's probably the other way around.

I think the licensees still have the advantage, by a good margin too. I'd wager that the majority of collectors don't even partake in buying customs. There's just too many risks. Poor customer service, scammers who'll run off with deposits, bad quality, etc. I don't think customs present a threat to licensed companies, they simply fill in the gaps, IMO.
I agree. One thing is for sure though, those factories will do whatever is in their best interest in the moment. There is plenty of opportunity for the good ones. A lot of these successful custom groups have great relationships with some of the factories, so if the factory has time to do a project, they'll do it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:42 AM   #104
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'm not a fan of the Pink Pink one unfortunately. I think the face is way off. Their Cloud is really good though.

Mayflies Studio 1/4
Dayu Studio 1/4
Fan Art Studio 1/3
FA (Fallen Angel) Studio 1/4
Moss Studio 1/4

All are fully sculpted and clothed. Some come with an extra nude body and mixed media clothing for more money. Some are the classic design a few are remake. Some are sold out and some are in production. I had Mayflies it was ok. Face was meh. I have Dayu and it's the best 1/4 face out there imo. Just sold the Fan Art one. Face is off at certain angles same with her proportions when you start looking at her from angles other than straight forward and the other two are in preproduction. Sunbird Studios Advent Children Tifa is amazing as well. Also sculpted. Figure if you want to dip your toes these are your best bet.
I think at this point I'd almost have to see one in person being gun shy from my experience. The next Tifa I'd get need to be my definitive one. Thank you for the suggestions.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 08:21 AM   #105
arbata
Doh!

--
arbata is offline   Reply With Quote