Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-29-2024, 08:24 PM   #31
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This thread reminds me, has anyone ever seen my Darth Maul PF or my anime bluray collection? lol

We're all fans here. And threatening fans of the medium isn't going to do anyone any favors, imo

DiscoCougar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:11 PM   #32
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Ant Adams talked about how he noticed and been told that LICENSORS had it with all this.
he stated people are arrested
I remember what 07-08 I noticed MYC statues and thought, they allow this
I 'D think don't order
also stated they are arresting buyers
A little sensationalistic, me thinks...

Listen for yourself here:

https://youtu.be/m-NPs3lSWPA?t=7306

"Heard of one factory getting completely shut down, by the government, and all the product destroyed. Uh, and people arrested. Uh, and I've also heard from other licensors that they're now getting more, er, cause at this point it's now starting to take money out of licensors pockets, right, uh so they're now putting the money into legals to start going after factories, makers, uh, they technically can now also go after people that buy, uh, because it's similar to buying a pirated movie. Right? That's illegal. Uh, to own it. Uh so, the crackdown on that side's coming..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
A quick Google search turned up this:

"The U.S. Department of Justice has stated that federal law doesn't prohibit shoppers from purchasing counterfeit products for personal use, even if they know they're fake."
Piracy and counterfeiting are different. Piracy involves distributing without copyright owners permission. Counterfeiting involves distributing fake goods. The consumer is 'off the hook' for fake goods, likely because that involves motive, which would be a waste of government resources to prove.

Regardless, this is all much ado about nothing. Even if it's technically illegal, in the same way pirated movies are, the government will not be coming after Joe Six Pack.

I don't believe that Ant was saying that anyway. He's just saying that a crackdown IS coming, which will likely lead to some prolific unlicensed factories getting shut down, because they're now getting large enough to affect licensors wallets. It's a standard market correction. Similar thing happened with XMs unlicensed sales territory.

There will probably be a dip in unlicensed Dragonball product. We'll all survive...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:14 PM   #33
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

There will probably be a dip in unlicensed Dragonball product. We'll all survive...
That made me chuckle...
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:25 PM   #34
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
That made me chuckle...
Gotta account for, what... 60% of the TOTAL unlicensed market? Right? It's ridiculous. There can be no Dragonball statue fans left wanting. (actually, I still haven't found a Cooler statue I like... )
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:13 PM   #35
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

We all are going to be jailbrothers.
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:14 PM   #36
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

OP's threads are always good for a laugh.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:42 PM   #37
gaijin
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wait .... PCS ? Who copied what ?

is there anything "grail" worth copying ?
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:57 AM   #38
azurepred
Zot

I’m in so many groups that produce unlicensed Marvel pieces and have been doing so for years. If the Mouse at Disney can’t do anything to touch these people, nobody will. 3D printers and sculpting software changed everything. Customs of most of the licenses PCS has are so insignificant. Like someone mentioned, they would never even affect PCS sales, so I don’t know why he’d say such a dumb thing.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:39 PM   #39
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Think Ant is trying to scare people there. No idea if they are going after makers but there is nothing they could do to a buyer.
It could be the case, especially his competitors.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:42 PM   #40
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Who is Ant Adams?

Maybe licensed companies should stop making the same characters over and over if they don't want custom companies popping up...
Good point. The custom companies are there to fill a void that licensed companies don't seem to be interested to fill.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote