Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-29-2024, 09:36 PM   #181
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Watch many of you switch gears after you see a few more angles! And to top it off you compare it with other Wolverines that are nowhere near detailed as this piece. Always complaining. The head is too big. The face isn't right. Blah blah blah. Since when does Wolverine have to look a certain way?! He's looked so different in so many interations! I love the face. I've taken anatomy and his bicep.is fine. The muscularity is awesome. 1/3 is awesome! Every other Wolverine SS produced wasn't to my liking but I was happy for those that went ahead and pre-ordered . This is a masterpiece!
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:03 PM   #182
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Watch many of you switch gears after you see a few more angles! And to top it off you compare it with other Wolverines that are nowhere near detailed as this piece. Always complaining. The head is too big. The face isn't right. Blah blah blah. Since when does Wolverine have to look a certain way?! He's looked so different in so many interations! I love the face. I've taken anatomy and his bicep.is fine. The muscularity is awesome. 1/3 is awesome! Every other Wolverine SS produced wasn't to my liking but I was happy for those that went ahead and pre-ordered . This is a masterpiece!
I can see this being a big hit for a specific group of collectors. It's almost a bit anime with the body sculpting. Great standalone piece for Wolverine fans and I bet it turns out really well. Especially with the lighting features.

Not for me, but definitely a very cool piece. I'm still wanting to see other 1/4 X-Men characters that haven't been done yet.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:31 PM   #183
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Well well, Agent "Jubilee" Warren, Adamantium Member...lookin' good
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:11 PM   #184
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Well well, Agent "Jubilee" Warren, Adamantium Member...lookin' good
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 11:20 PM   #185
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
So you mean 1/3.5 then.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
They should make his claws more metal looking. This pic looks really nice. The first pic looked too much like a caricature.
That is an odd look. They better be metal. All newer large Wolverine statues have pristine looking metal claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi View Post
Strange decision. In 1:3 you can't put him together with any Sideshow X-Men 1:4 statue. I hope Sideshow doesn't start making only 1:3 statues now.
I?m sure they will. Why wouldn?t they get into that market when there is a clear demand for that scale? I wonder if SS had any influence in the LBS version getting killed and then less than a month later, they put their own version out. It doesn?t seem like a coincidence.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 08:33 AM   #186
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Another pic

Has Sideshow revealed who sculpted this beast? Hope the price is right to add to this raging unexpected treat. Gravy.

As for fears regarding Sideshow's direction for scale? There are none. I mean they are pumping out every scale under the sun, giving a fair shot to everyone. Very cool stuff, keep them coming.

Gotta see more of this Wolverine, hunched over gnarly and mean.

P.S. I just realized that we're still waiting on Canale's Weapon X reveal! Oh man, Sideshow is digging them claws real deep. Blood has been spilled, this is going to get messy.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:32 PM   #187
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
I can see this being a big hit for a specific group of collectors. It's almost a bit anime with the body sculpting. Great standalone piece for Wolverine fans and I bet it turns out really well. Especially with the lighting features.
It does have an anime vibe to it. Don't think too many true Wolverine fans would appreciate that.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:55 PM   #188
AC_808
Hercules

Nope. The body sculpt is not anything I'd care for. Not for Wolverine. Not bad tho.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:20 AM   #189
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Stylistically, not for everyone, (I don't even collect anime/gaming), but in hand this thing is going to be a bomb, as the level of detailing has elevated the genre. And it fits Sideshow's pattern of recent releases, as it aims to all appease.

Great work, in hand will illicit an awe inspiring knee jerk. You know, for that "true" Wolverine fan, man.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 05:43 PM   #190
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

I feel like this could have been an incredible Omega Red.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote