Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-29-2024, 05:15 PM   #431
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
IIRC, they've never changed a sculpt after the prototype has been shown. Some people just claim to see a difference once production pics start popping up. I think this happens with nearly every JND release.
I think people are just applying "cope" and seeing what they want to see.

I've got ZERO expectations that Arwen is going to get any closer to Liv then where she is now.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 05:20 PM   #432
Irenicus
The Spirit

I was ok with the sculpt from the beginning, I'm not complaining about JND. But given the reception, the resale on this one will be poor. Huge discounts are coming and I may be able to get this for much cheaper.

I do think they improved skin textures for Bale and WW. The sculpts were the same though.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 06:41 PM   #433
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I was ok with the sculpt from the beginning, I'm not complaining about JND. But given the reception, the resale on this one will be poor. Huge discounts are coming and I may be able to get this for much cheaper.

I do think they improved skin textures for Bale and WW. The sculpts were the same though.
The thing I really noticed on the WW was the more appropriately painted lips. Imo it was overdone on the prototype.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:04 PM   #434
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I may be in the minority but I'm still really excited for this one. Even if it isn't perfect, I still think it is the best 1/3 red/blue suit Cavill representation.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:44 AM   #435
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Just be careful with that approach for any new pieces, if you utilise only one or two particular stores.

Stores should now be using more prudent approaches when it comes to carrying stock. All I know is that Sugo (who?s pretty much my only option for many brands), quite often sells out. Not of everything, but enough that I would?ve missed out on more than half of my preorders. They might be available elsewhere of course, but the costs involved can be an issue for me.

Either they sell out during the preorder window with a quantity that they?re satisfied with, or by the time it arrives instock, their stock count reaches 1 or 2 pieces left. At which point it seems they?re satisfied not applying deep discounts on such pieces. At least not quickly.
Yep, in the US at least, nobody that I know of except Spec is even offering the QS 1/3 Hulk. If your theory is correct, that would explain why. QS banked on the JND crowd to gobble them up, yet it?s not even sold out on their website. I hope QS chokes on that one. Retailers aren?t even buying it. When they get desperate is when Sideshow will probably start carrying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I cancelled my order from JND because I know this will be heavily discounted in the coming months. Even losing the NRD I will probably get it for cheaper. Also my interest dropped since I PO'ed and I don't think there were any upgrades from protoype.

Spec has 20 of these. It will easily be part of the buy 1 get 50% off. Same for BBTS.
How do you know how many Spec has available of a certain item? My guess is these Sups statues with both heads will drop into the $2500 range aftermarket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I may be in the minority but I'm still really excited for this one. Even if it isn't perfect, I still think it is the best 1/3 red/blue suit Cavill representation.
Yet, it?s not even close to as good as the tiny 1/6 Inart, in both sculpt and suit. There aren’t many good options to choose from. Both Prime versions turned out meh, along with the QS statue.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 02:16 AM   #436
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Yep, in the US at least, nobody that I know of except Spec is even offering the QS 1/3 Hulk. If your theory is correct, that would explain why. QS banked on the JND crowd to gobble them up, yet it’s not even sold out on their website. I hope QS chokes on that one. Retailers aren’t even buying it. When they get desperate is when Sideshow will probably start carrying it.
That’s true.

Even I haven’t preordered it yet, but I still think I will.

Quote:
How do you know how many Spec has available of a certain item? My guess is these Sups statues with both heads will drop into the $2500 range aftermarket.
You can probably find out, by maxing out how many pieces you can add to cart etc.

Quote:
Yet, it’s not even close to as good as the tiny 1/6 Inart, in both sculpt and suit. There aren’t many good options to choose from. Both Prime versions turned out meh, along with the QS statue.
I have both Prime 1 versions. Most people prefer the 1/3 over their 1/2 scale, but for some reason I’m the opposite. I know the translucent resin head sculpt is too shiny, but I still like the sculpt. I have a second head sculpt, as I was able to get a replacement due to truly bad eyes. For years now, I’ve been thinking on getting it repainted, but I still haven’t.

I have the InArt on preorder, but I really wanted to get a larger scale that was truly next level, but I wasn’t happy with the two new busts from Infinity and Queen, and the pose for Queen’s 1/3 I’m iffy at best about it. And with this JND, I didn’t care much for the sculpted body/shading and the headsculpt, especially around the eyes.
Old 03-30-2024, 12:56 PM   #437
azurepred
Zot

Got it. Looks like Spec only has one blue JND Supes left and over 20 of the black. They also have over 20 JND 1/6 Jokers, where there is pretty much no demand for that one. QS Hulk looks like 6 right now, but it’s early in the PO , so that could rise.

The 1/2 Prime is the best (in the right lighting). I don’t like how the suit fits the 1/3 and the bases have been absurdly tall for that whole line.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 02:46 PM   #438
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Got it. Looks like Spec only has one blue JND Supes left and over 20 of the black. They also have over 20 JND 1/6 Jokers, where there is pretty much no demand for that one. QS Hulk looks like 6 right now, but it?s early in the PO , so that could rise.

The 1/2 Prime is the best (in the right lighting). I don?t like how the suit fits the 1/3 and the bases have been absurdly tall for that whole line.
The suit should’ve been glued to the body like the 1/2 scale but wasn’t. And the bases aren’t too bad, as long as you’ve got most of the line side by side. I’ve got the main 6 heroes, but passed on the extras.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:57 PM   #439
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Got it. Looks like Spec only has one blue JND Supes left and over 20 of the black. They also have over 20 JND 1/6 Jokers, where there is pretty much no demand for that one. QS Hulk looks like 6 right now, but it?s early in the PO , so that could rise.

The 1/2 Prime is the best (in the right lighting). I don?t like how the suit fits the 1/3 and the bases have been absurdly tall for that whole line.
I can’t say for everything as I don’t keep tabs. However, Todd seems to refill many of them. For example the Queen T2 bust was refilled/topped up twice. As I was trying to PO that last minute as possible.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:27 AM   #440
Wizard
Justice League

Anyone else do a waitlist when JND originally opened this for pre-order? I've received three separate emails over the last several weeks stating there has been a conversion opening on the waitlist. Looks like people are cancelling. I like the statue, but not $3K worth. Maybe a discount down the road, especially the black suit version.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote