Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2024, 11:13 PM   #1
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Design Opinions on My FUTURE Display Room (pics included)

Yes, I finally have a smartphone, which means I also finally have a camera!

Been busy with other things since a move. Finally ready to pound out my game/display room. I have some basic plans already in place, but thought I'd see if anyone has ideas I haven't considered.

Standing in doorway to room (TV will go along right wall):

Slight view left (two separate dormer windows):

Standing in doorway of storage area (about 6'x16'), pictured in prior pics:

Will be installing 7" dark wood flooring. White trim, light grey walls. Converting closet (straight ahead) to display closet. Removed clothing rod and will install two additional, identical support brackets for a total of three shelves (20" deep), spaced equally. (28" top, middle, and bottom) Which leaves ~ 9" space below bottom shelf. Thinking of sliding plastic storage bins there.

Removed closet double doors. Plan to replace with two french doors, so collection can be viewed without opening. Interior (including shelves) will be painted white.

Third pic shows the storage 'closet', seen from the doorway visible in prior pics. I originally intended to use this for box storage. It goes from about 4' high on the short side, to about 8'. Was considering it for additional display, or possibly combo storage/display.

Opinions on whether I should paint it all white, like my closets, or treat it like a room, and paint the walls grey, with just the slanted ceiling white?

I don't have a lot of wall space, which makes adding significant shelving (like moducases) problematic, but I'll figure something out for the back left corner in the first two pics, as well as the wall to the left of the entry.

Hopefully will post a proper collection thread when I'm done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0920.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	169453   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0921.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	169454   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0922.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	169455  
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:43 AM   #2
qz33
Doctor Doom

Crap. Pure crap.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:49 AM   #3
qz33
Doctor Doom

On a serious note how did you handle statue returns/damages without a camera phone?

I've had the hardest time...
Old 03-30-2024, 01:02 AM   #4
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Nevermind Triumph Congrats on the new pad! And I thought I was late to the smart phone party back in 2016 As for the storage room, I'd paint the walls gray and the ceiling white, that way it'll look nice for display in case you use it for that. I assume the big wall on the right will have a TV?
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:46 AM   #5
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Crap. Pure crap.
Well...I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
On a serious note how did you handle statue returns/damages without a camera phone?

I've had the hardest time...
I've never had to return anything. The only thing I didn't like was SS Iron Man Mark III 'dirty' boots, so I sold it. Got my money back AND kept SS rewards.

Had a couple loose gems on XM Thanos gauntlet (typical). Eventually sold that. I've been lucky/I can fix stuff/I'm somewhat tolerant/sold stuff.

It would have to be pretty broken for me to return.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:48 AM   #6
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Nevermind Triumph Congrats on the new pad! And I thought I was late to the smart phone party back in 2016 As for the storage room, I'd paint the walls gray and the ceiling white, that way it'll look nice for display in case you use it for that. I assume the big wall on the right will have a TV?
Thanks.

That's what I was thinking - 'just in case'.

Yeah, 'main' room, tv for wall on right.
Old 03-30-2024, 03:11 AM   #7
qz33
Doctor Doom

As far as the paint I for your storage closet I would match your display closet.

I only like whites and want my ceilings to match, for drywall anyway. Gray could be a good color for statues though as it will negate the downsides of both white and anything too dark.
Old 03-30-2024, 03:25 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

I like these types of threads
I am in the same boat, working on my statue room. Can't wait to unbox all my statues after the move.
I have yet to put up a ceiling and level a floor
My rule is going to be: no statues to be displayed at ground level.
I wanted to avoid white, blue, grey walls. Have yet to fathom out a color to use?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:27 AM   #9
Halcyon
Loki

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yes, I finally have a smartphone, which means I also finally have a camera!

Been busy with other things since a move. Finally ready to pound out my game/display room. I have some basic plans already in place, but thought I'd see if anyone has ideas I haven't considered.

etc
Hopefully will post a proper collection thread when I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Nevermind Triumph Congrats on the new pad!
And I thought I was late to the smart phone party back in 2016

I see you already got some great advice here doghouse hahaha.

Thought i was weird too with my first smartphone S7 in 2019. My colleagues had a good laugh about it

Anyhow. Always love building and rearranging stuff at my own place.
Nice write-up and i like your basic setup. Did a quick doodle over your photo.

No.1 Below your tv/cinema i would make (or buy) a long threedoors cabinet with closed doors for storing non statue stuff dust free.

No.2 I assume that closet is bit deeper than 20" so i would choose 1.5" oak shelves which have the full dept and width of that closet. 20" is not much now a days with protruding parts.
Best is custom thin framed full glass doors in front or one large glass door. As much view inside as possible.

No.3 I would leave door no.3 out and when you are bold enough also would remove the part i crossed out. Up to the point where the slope of the roof start. The cabinet wall plus the remaining small part under sloped roof are strong enough to support your attic space.
This way the small room will become part of your main room and a more direct view (plus natural light) into it. Much nicer for some glass display cabinets along the long wall with spotlights above them.

No.4 In the left corner of main room there is still enough room for one very large square and tall display case. With your favorite 1/3 e.g.

I am not good in picking colors
Goodluck and have some fun with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Room Doodle1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	684.5 KB
ID:	169456  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:31 AM   #10
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have seen some pics on here where people had there statue room painted a sage color, which looked nice.

I think that you plan sounds good. The only thing is the third pic with that storage closet. My friend has a house that has one of those weird types of closets like you do is trying to decide what to do with that space. I wonder how much statue viewing would be able to taken advantage of if you did place statues there? I think it would be a shame to use that space for box storage but unfortunately with this hobby, we need to find that type of storage.
Now do you have a lot of books? Maybe put shelving up to display your hardbacks and trades?
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote