Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-28-2005, 12:34 PM   #21
Jack8022
Daredevil

From what I've seen, I don't think it looks too bad. Once I get over how the Thing looks I'll probably enjoy it alot more. Aside from the fact that he should have been a bit bigger, I think the suit looks good overall. Also the face should have had a more exagerated brow and the bridge of the nose deemphasized. Still is the story moves along and it's entertaining, I'll just chalk it up like the organic webshooters or a 6' tall Wolverine.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:27 PM   #22
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

I honestly think this movie will do okay.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:39 PM   #23
Mr. Mojo
Frackin!

There are a few fan reviews posted at AICN which were for the most part luke warm. I'll probably go, but it's not on my must see list. I'm starting to have a real problem with movies that deviate from the source material (i.e. Dr. Doom). On the plus side, it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would when it was first announced.
Mr. Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #24
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Are you serious?
lol ofcourse
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:25 PM   #25
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
Have you watched Hulk for a second time on TV? It held up very nicely for home viewing, I thought. DD is my favourite Marvel movie, so I'll be more than happy if FF lives up to that.
Haven't seen Hulk on TV. Hulk is the only movie I can't bring myself to watch again. I agree with your comments on DD and FF.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #26
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
Haven't seen Hulk on TV. Hulk is the only movie I can't bring myself to watch again. I agree with your comments on DD and FF.
I wouldn't have either, but for the fact I wanted my wife to see the bit in the mirror and the last lines. I was pleasantly surprised by how watchable it was in the comfort of one's own home. The CGI held up better on the TV screen too.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #27
Jesse321
Galactus

My sister made it perfectly clear that my nieces and nephews all wanna go with uncle Jesse to see this (and Harry Potter), so good or bad I'm committed.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:53 PM   #28
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
My sister made it perfectly clear that my nieces and nephews all wanna go with uncle Jesse to see this (and Harry Potter), so good or bad I'm committed.
John Stamos posts on the forum
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:58 PM   #29
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I look at it this way. There's hardly that many good movies out there worth seeing in the first place. You might say this movie isn't worth seeing. Hell it's something to do, and it's supposedly comic related. I'll go see. Only 4 bucks out my pocket. Plus War of the Worlds tomorrow isn't it? Decent line up of crap to watch this month and on
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #30
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

To me, this looks like one of the stupidest comic book movies so far. I will not be watching this pile of crap. I cannot stand all the stupid cliche lines in the trailers and one of the worst scenes ever which I cringe at everytime I see or hear it is when invisible woman and dr. doom are fighting and he says " lets not fight" and then she says "no, lets". It is delivered horribly and is a piece of sh*t dialogue and acting wise. I'm passing on this movie.
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote