Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: How long before Lady Death EX PF sells out?
Less than 1 week 40 28.37%
1 to 2 weeks 26 18.44%
2 to 4 weeks 23 16.31%
1 to 3 months 24 17.02%
Longer than 3 months 28 19.86%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #941
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Admittedly it's that the four year old in me likes knowing that I have something that others don't. When I see something sold out, I'm happy; when I see it back in stock, I'm a sad panda =(
You should have been around before NRDs. That was a rush. I miss those days. It was a great feeling snagging an exclusive back then. Making sure you were online the second an item went up for sale. It was great. Pages full of "got one!" posts. People were more upbeat then and more excited.

I am still contemplating if I should keep my exclusive on order. I really don't need the hour glass. I plan on displaying her with the sword. Also, I can save by getting the regular.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #942
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
You should have been around before NRDs. That was a rush. I miss those days. It was a great feeling snagging an exclusive back then. Making sure you were online the second an item went up for sale. It was great. Pages full of "got one!" posts. People were more upbeat then and more excited.

I am still contemplating if I should keep my exclusive on order. I really don't need the hour glass. I plan on displaying her with the sword. Also, I can save by getting the regular.
For the very few Sideshow pieces I have, and want, I always notice that the EX goes for far more on the aftermarket than the non-EX, and the difference in price is usually only $10 when you buy them from Sideshow when they're first released.

I say keep your EX. The value on the aftermarket will be far more than what you save by purchasing the non EX
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #943
modus
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

I pay a little more to buy from Sideshow because they're just easier to deal with if something is wrong with the statue. If I'm ordering from them I might as well get the EX. Plus you're right the secondary market is always better for the EX.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:26 AM   #944
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Third payment deducted today.

3/5 of Lady Death is now mine!

Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #945
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
Third payment deducted today.

3/5 of Lady Death is now mine!
Just her norks left to pay for then - one payment for each!
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #946
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i wish i hadnt fallen for the hype around this and vampirella,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #947
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I just hope that people have thought about where they are going to display her because that scythe is going to make it difficult to fit her into display cabinets comfortably.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #948
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
I just hope that people have thought about where they are going to display her because that scythe is going to make it difficult to fit her into display cabinets comfortably.
I wish they would have made the scythe hand the change-out piece with the hour glass.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #949
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
For the very few Sideshow pieces I have, and want, I always notice that the EX goes for far more on the aftermarket than the non-EX, and the difference in price is usually only $10 when you buy them from Sideshow when they're first released.

I say keep your EX. The value on the aftermarket will be far more than what you save by purchasing the non EX
Through Sideshow the regular and exclusives are the same price. If I decided on a regular I would go through a good e-tailer. You can usually save about 10-15% going that route. It all depends on my purchases for the rest of the year.There are a few other ladies I am interested in. Like Jessica Rabbit and The Baroness. I also have a few Hot Toys on order.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #950
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
i wish i hadnt fallen for the hype around this and vampirella,
Hype around both of these is Justified in terms of sculpt, presence and quality, if Lady Death comes out just as well as Vampirella these will be well worth the hype when you display them together. If you were looking to make a quick buck however, c'mon man what'd you expect with C grade characters.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote