Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
rychehitman
Galactus

Thunderbolts....who's reading?

Is anyone enjoying the current Jeff Parker Thunderbolts story arc?

Fear Itself really brought this book down...but Parker has taken it right back to greatness with this new arc IMO!

If you dropped the book during FI...be sure to pick up the issues without the FI banner. You will be pleased!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I haven't read it since shortly after they revealed their identities to the world (like... 15 years ago?) .. or they were ratted out, etc, and Songbird, Mach 69 and Jolt took off on their own; supposedly the title stayed strong for quiite some time after, though?
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
rychehitman
Galactus

The book went through some crappy periods as they all do Ryan...but when they sort of refocused after the fall of Norman Osborn the title really got back to a very enjoyable place with an interesting cast! I never thought I'd enjoy Satanna and Mr. Hyde so much!

Jeff Parker is one of Marvel (Bendis') "architects"....and he does not get the credit he is due. He is a much better writer than Fraction and Bendis IMO and seems to thrive on developing offbeat characters (like the Agents of A.T.L.A.S.)

It's worth picking up for $2.99!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I only buy tpbs and hbs these days, but if you could recommend a storyline of the T-Bolts to pick up, I'll see if I can find it in tpb/hb form.

I'm not a fan of Bendis (past his first Avengers "Breakout" arc), and I always heard Fraction was great on IM, but I read the recent mess he wrote in Thor, so I'm not impressed.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I've been reading it since issue #144. I've thoroughly been enjoying it (aside from Fear Itself as you mentioned)

and as you said rych, I'm loving Mr Hyde and Satanna as well as this whole "flashback" storyline they're currently having with Cap and Namor

i still wish Juggernaut was never caught up in the FI garbage so he was still on the team but oh well...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Lostang04
Kindly Asked To Leave

I am still reading , but my main interest was Juggernaut being on the team , with him gone , not sure how much longer I will continue.
Lostang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I loved this book until Fear Itself and then dropped it cold. Based on this thread and this review...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/best...ws-111117.html

I went back to my lcs to pick up the last few post-FI issues and looking forward to digging in. I hope I'm as delighted as I was before.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
rychehitman
Galactus

I think you will be Joe! FI killed the momentum of this series...but Jeff Parker isn't going down without a fight.

Juggernaut is no longer on the team...but that's a good thing IMO. Cain is an established and fairly well developed character. In his place the team now has Mr. Hyde as the muscle...and his character has been woefully underdeveloped.

It is going to take a lot for me to look past the brutal beating he gave Jarvis years ago...and I hope at some point that topic is addressed and he is taken to task. One can hope.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts Joe!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #9
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I have been reading the Thunderbolts since issue 1 and while FI did stumble a bit (although not as much as when the book was focused on extreme fighters?!?!!?!), it has gotten much better in the last few issues. The people on the team are screwed up enough that it is fun to see the interaction. I am enjoying the time jumping storyline so far.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #10
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
The book went through some crappy periods as they all do Ryan...but when they sort of refocused after the fall of Norman Osborn the title really got back to a very enjoyable place with an interesting cast! I never thought I'd enjoy Satanna and Mr. Hyde so much!

Jeff Parker is one of Marvel (Bendis') "architects"....and he does not get the credit he is due. He is a much better writer than Fraction and Bendis IMO and seems to thrive on developing offbeat characters (like the Agents of A.T.L.A.S.)

It's worth picking up for $2.99!
I actually really liked the Osborn Thunderbolts. Writing was great with some great Deodato artwork. Loved it when American Eagle kicked Bullsye's ass.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote