Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-02-2014, 04:02 AM   #441
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
You guys are almost saying the same thing. Thank you for the info, orange you are a wealth of knowledge....expect pm's from me when these start to ship .

I can return the favour with worthless info about clash of the clans
No, were really not, lol.

Not a problem on the info front. Glad you found it useful.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:06 AM   #442
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
Like I said in my first post, it won't lose value if the seller is dishonest.

Imaging walking into a store. There are two prints available. One has been framed and the store owner pledges it's been perfectly archive framed. It will then be removed and sold separate to the frame. The other is stored away with the same promise of perfect archiving. Which one do you think the buyer is going to want?
dishonest? By not divulging that a print was archivally framed? Hilarious, lol. Again, I am done. This was the most pointless debate I think I have ever had. Clearly someone in here doesnt understand what archival means. As for your little scenario, as long as the buyer was actually intelligent and actually understood what archival meant, he wouldn't care as he would know both prints were 100% identical. If your arguing that a lot of people out there are ignorant and stupid in regards to this subject...well, I guess I cant argue with that one. All the more reason to just not say anything at all. There is no reason too as the print is still in 100% mint condition so there is nothing dishonest about it. Based on this mentality, one would have to keep a running record of the entire prints existence. How many times the print was handled, wether or not gloves were used when it was handled, how many hours it had been exposed to sunlight, what was the level of humidity in the room the print was stored in, etc.

Archivally framing prints actually adds to the overall value, if your actually selling it framed. in my expereince, it usually adds at least $100 - $300 bucks to the overall value of just the print itself, depending on the quality of the frame. Non archival framing lowers the value, sometimes dramatically. I once picked up a Robert Batman limited edition print (Shadow of the Rainforest) that had been framed using non archival methods (it was dry mounted) for just $150. The value of the print itself runs in the $800-900 range.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:14 AM   #443
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
dishonest? By not divulging that a print was archivally framed? Hilarious, lol. Again, I am done. This was the most pointless debate I think I have ever had. Clearly someone in here doesnt understand what archival means.
If they were asked had their print been archivally framed and it had but they denied it, that would be dishonest. I don't understand what you're not getting.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:19 AM   #444
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
If they were asked had their print been archivally framed and it had but they denied it, that would be dishonest. I don't understand what you're not getting.
OMG.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #445
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Just got an email saying I will be charged soon and asking if I want to upgrade to a frame. My guess is they will always give an unframed order the option to frame.

Any word on how they will be shipping the unframed ones?

Also any idea if the framed version is an archival type if frame job?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #446
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

$30.44 postage to Australia for unframed.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #447
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Not how much.....I mean How they will be shipping it
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #448
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
$30.44 postage to Australia for unframed.
Thats not too bad I guess.. was hoping for $25 like the HT figs tho
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:52 PM   #449
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
Just got an email saying I will be charged soon and asking if I want to upgrade to a frame. My guess is they will always give an unframed order the option to frame.

Any word on how they will be shipping the unframed ones?

Also any idea if the framed version is an archival type if frame job?
Unframed prints will be shipped rolled.

The framed versions are not 100% archival in nature as the plexi within the frame does not have 100% UV protection. The board backing and hinging utilize archival methods. Additionally, framed prints will NOT use dry mounting, so people wishing to remove them from their framing and matting may do so at any time (but we of course always recommend when removing your print to take special care when doing so).
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #450
FROBAY
Phoenix

That's a shame to go all out on the mats and frame and not offer UV glass. Looking at another 80.00 bucks to take it somewhere and have the glass replaced. Too bad Sideshow couldn't offer a UV glass choice for a little more dough. I hate to drop 200.00 and have the print colors fade in a year.

Last edited by FROBAY; 11-03-2014 at 10:24 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote