Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #261
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I have the two compendiums and really loved Turner's art. It did kind of drive me crazy when the art changed. I liked the First Born storyline.

That is too bad. I will have to get the rest of the series in TPBs.
Of all the pretenders V. Ken Marion, which is doing the Soulfire, is the only person I've ever seen get close tp Turner's style. I think his art is quite wonderful.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #262
adee
Green Arrow

Wasn't familiar with the artist but his style is certainly Turner-esque.

I like this one...

adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #263
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

I like this one...

Yeah I think he has what it takes to be one of the greats.

C'mon somebody make that Dazzler statue!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #264
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Oh wow, those are awesome pieces. Does anyone know who his art handler is (if he even has one)?
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #265
AC_808
Hercules

Holy! His style is totally reminiscent of Turner's style. I'd buy his art and comics in a heart beat.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #266
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Do you only like his style because it is similar to Turner's art....OR....because you like his style? Why does someone's art have to look like some others for it to be great?

This puzzles me....

His art may be reminiscent of Turner...but how about just saying his art skills or pencils / inks are exceptional. He is his own artist....PERIOD.

Now unless he straight up said in an article or interview that he is trying to draw exactly like Turner.....

BTW....his Supergirl and Dazzler art is pretty stellar....although I don't like how big Dazzler's feet are.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:20 AM   #267
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Do you only like his style because it is similar to Turner's art....OR....because you like his style? Why does someone's art have to look like some others for it to be great?

This puzzles me....

His art may be reminiscent of Turner...but how about just saying his art skills or pencils / inks are exceptional. He is his own artist....PERIOD.

Now unless he straight up said in an article or interview that he is trying to draw exactly like Turner.....

BTW....his Supergirl and Dazzler art is pretty stellar....although I don't like how big Dazzler's feet are.
My comments are in the highest regards. More complimentary, if anything. Don't get me wrong, Loric.

Turner is one of my favorite artists, so I'm excited that someone has a style reminiscent of his style. He's a great artist just by looking at his art above.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #268
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Bro....I hope you didn't think I was accosting you or anything of the sort. It was more a general question / comment to anyone.

For the record....I really enjoyed MT's art as well. One of my favorite comic artists.

Hard for me to say who is my favorite. Maybe Gregg Capullo for his work on Creech and Spawn. I love highly detailed art more than anime. I think that is why I am such a huge fan of SS's Court of the Dead line. Phenomenal art and great concept (although not totally unique).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #269
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

I like this one...

This supergirl is great !
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #270
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Bro....I hope you didn't think I was accosting you or anything of the sort. It was more a general question / comment to anyone.

For the record....I really enjoyed MT's art as well. One of my favorite comic artists.

Hard for me to say who is my favorite. Maybe Gregg Capullo for his work on Creech and Spawn. I love highly detailed art more than anime. I think that is why I am such a huge fan of SS's Court of the Dead line. Phenomenal art and great concept (although not totally unique).
No worries, my friend. It's all good.

I hear ya, tho. I like the COTD line as well. I only got the queen, myself. I just didn't want to go thru the ordeal of getting the rest.