Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 PM   #141
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I too have the break out on order and like that this bust has a closed mouth. I find it gives a little more variety to the line. It does counter balance the male Rex nicely. Waiting to see the detailed paint apps. And nice pic with the flaps. Looks more polished out!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:22 PM   #142
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Everything you see is open mouth, nice to see something different. I preferred the more closed mouth on the Raptor too, but they did go with the open mouth on that.
the reason everything you see is open mouth is because it's the best pose for the T Rex. This is the GRAND DADDY of all dinosaurs in the 4 film franchise. From my perspective it's a shame it's not the Classic open mouth Pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
it's a more neutral form. i like it this way imo. not everything has to be "attack" mode.
Neutral as in not going anywhere, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darb View Post
yea and not to mention the male rex bust they did was an open mouth version
Who's talking about the male bust? I didn't mention it.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:29 PM   #143
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
I guess it comes down to personal preference. I too have the break out on order and like that this bust has a closed mouth. I find it gives a little more variety to the line. It does counter balance the male Rex nicely. Waiting to see the detailed paint apps. And nice pic with the flaps. Looks more polished out!
What about those that don't have the Breakout on Pre Order?

What about those that don't need this bust to counter balance the male bust?

All I was looking for was the definitive perfect representation of the very best character in the franchise. Yes it's the SWS female but the art direction of this piece for me is not ideal and not something I would commission or build myself.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:55 PM   #144
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
What about those that don't have the Breakout on Pre Order?

What about those that don't need this bust to counter balance the male bust?

All I was looking for was the definitive perfect representation of the very best character in the franchise. Yes it's the SWS female but the art direction of this piece for me is not ideal and not something I would commission or build myself.
Its ok that you have that opinion but dont get mad about it. Regarding the pose, its still a great piece. Lets just wait.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:27 AM   #145
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Holy butthurt batman lol... Guess what.. you can't have it your way, life isn't Burger King.

I'm sure the overall lineup is considered when choosing poses and having the same open mouth pose for every piece would not only be boring but just redundant. They don't say what if this dude only buys one let's make him happy. Not to be a total doosh but this is what it is, this isn't a case where you have one option for a T-Rex there will be 4 total the break out rex, the 2 1/5 scale busts, and the T-Rex vs I-rex dio
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #146
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Holy butthurt batman lol... Guess what.. you can't have it your way, life isn't Burger King.

Not to be a total doosh but this is what it is
The more I see you post, the more I realize you are a clown.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:43 AM   #147
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Its ok that you have that opinion but dont get mad about it. Regarding the pose, its still a great piece. Lets just wait.
Nice constructive post Tama!

If darb gets his head out of Paul & Chronicles rear end he could learn a lot from you.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:55 AM   #148
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
this isn't a case where you have one option for a T-Rex there will be 4 total the break out rex, the 2 1/5 scale busts, and the T-Rex vs I-rex dio
No it isn't.

I don't want a 1/20 scale T Rex.

I don't want a t Rex from the Lost world.

I don't want a T Rex with a little Raptor on his back.

All I wanted was this damn 1/5 female bust with an open mouth.

It's clear I'm not getting that so I won't be ordering. I'm moving on taking my business somewhere else however am annoyed because I DID want to buy this.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:19 AM   #149
darb
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

stomp your feet a little more little guy maybe you can get one. btw regardless of you not being able to handle some ribbing there are some custom pieces of the female bust, I believe, that are available with the mouth open I know of 2 people who make them.

regardless of what you think, I just stated what they are making and the most logical reasons for the decisions as for the mouth is concerned.
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:29 AM   #150
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The more I see you post, the more I realize you are a clown.
Probably rather be the clown than a joke.

I have seen upset babies be less demanding...

The JW one with Blue will be removable and who knows what they will do in the future. Chill out and respect others opinions.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote