Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Don't trust bornthugs

The reason I'm doing this is to keep the integrity of the forums and to look out for my fellow collectors. No nobody should have to worry about where their money has gone.

Back in July I was contacted by bornthugs as he was selling a regular Akuma 1/3 and wanted to know if I wanted it. (He saw that I regretted my decision to sell it earlier)

I said yes I would love it and I asked him if he would accept me paying him in payments in order to pay it off. He agreed and I agreed on his price, which he said included shipping.

September 20th I made my last payment and during those 3 months we kept in contact with each other on when is pay him. He wanted the payments in large sums so I payed Akuma off in 4 payments during that time span.

It was nice of him to include the shipping in the price but I knew I'd rather have pcs ship it to me directly incase of damages. So as soon as the last payment was made I kindly asked him to transfer the PO with pcs to my account. I told him I didn't mind paying pcs to ship and that this would save him shipping cost to me.

That is when, after I payed off the statue, he said:

"I think you got confused about this order, I did mentioned that I'm getting it from Singapore retailer...it is not direct pcs transfer..."

Now he never told me before hand that it wasn't through pcs and I have the pms to prove this.

I was concerned and actually a bit upset since he didn't inform me until this late in the game. I told him I was concerned and asked who he was getting it from, he said simply toys.

I contacted PayPal just to make sure I was protected with all my payments and they told me I was protected until January.

Since I was protected I decided to let it ride and not back out even though I was concerned. Also at the time all the Akuma's on eBay were being sold for at least a $1000 more than I paid, going for well over $2000!

2 months or so ago I got a message from PayPal saying he marked a payment as shipped and it worried me as I know the statue hasn't even been released and I originally thought he was attempting something bad, but I realized maybe he was just doing that so PayPal would release the funds to him faster.

11/16- I had a crazy idea to see if simply toys could contact pcs to have them ship the statue directly to me in California, as it would suck to have it go to ST first, and then back to me for a huge shipping cost. Also I'm worried about all the shipping and breakages and also after all the time of them shipping it to him and then him to me it's possible replacements would be gone by then.

I contacted ST and they said shipping to CA costs well over $500 dollars!

So I asked if them if he orginal buyer contacts them can they ship it to me instead or have pcs do it. They said they need the original buyer to contact them.

11/24- I asked Jerry if this is possible and he said "pcs doesn't have a problem but it's up to simply toys to make it happen".

I talked to ST and they ask me the order number which I say I don't have.

So I contact bornthugs on 11/27

"Hey bornthugs, so I may have a way to have pcs send me the statue directly instead of having simply toys send it to you and them you paying to send it to me. What is the Akuma order # with simply toys? That way I can contact them and work this out.

He's online but doesn't respond.

I follow up with "Please let me know asap cause time is of the essence, this will definitely be a good thing for both of us

He's online for a while and doesn't respond, then he logs off.

The next day he responds,

"hi you can't simply check like that because order is under my email and only me can verify order number and my name"

I thought that was weird he was guarding the number and wouldn't tell me so I'm like eh whatever...

I contact ST and they say we just need his PO invoice number.

I tell him, "I contacted them and they just need the PO invoice number and then they can either ship it to me directly, or they can have pcs ship it to me. If they can have pics ship it, then you don't have to worry about it at all and save money "

Again he's online but doesn't respond to either message. He then goes offline. (I'm watching his activity because he has me concerned and suspicious)

He comes back online awhile later and says ok buddy let me check with them and get back to you asap"

I say "No worries man, let them know the order is for xxxxxxx. Thanks buddy" (That's when I give him my email/pp address.)

I talk to ST and they say they have have not received his email yet. I tell bornthugs "I just got an email from ST and they're just waiting on the email. Thank you bro"

He responds "email sent waiting on ST to reply."

I contact ST asking them to let me know when they get it. They reply back that they haven't gotten it yet. The she next day, 24 hrs later they contact me letting me know they still haven't gotten it.

This is a huge first post, gonna speed it up a bit

I kindly ask bornthugs to resend

ST asks me if I have any info on the buyer so they can check the status of the PO.

I remembered I have his name and PayPal so I give it to them. They email back a bit later to tell me he has no order for Akuma.

I contact him back asking if he has it under a different person's name or PayPal I ask him to get back to my immediately is I'm very concerned. He's online when I send it

I send a pm asking him to please respond in the title and in the body ask him why he's ignoring me. Sometime later he just logs off.

I ask him for an immediate refund and start the process with PayPal and then and only the does he start to respond to me.

He basically says how and where he po's items are none of my business.

I tell him that's incorrect as I have a right to know what's going on with his PO as it's my money on the line.

He won't tell my why he flat out blantantly lied about sending an email I know he didn't, on an item I know he didn't even order.

Just so everyone is aware. Simply toys has my back in all of this and I have kept every single pm from and to bornthugs and every email to and from Simply.

Please watch your back on who you trust on these forums. I don't want anybody to deal with things like this or get scammed by people like this.

I worked hard and payed him good money for an Akuma and now I have to wait for my money to be refunded.

Bornthugs you messed with the wrong guy pal. Cause rest assured I'll let all my fellow collectors know.

With a name like bornthugs I should have known!

People like you always get your comeuppance.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Noqs45
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I am so sorry bro, I am also paranoid about stuff like this. If you are interested I have a shin akuma I can get you cheaper than that akuma. No profit. It's just the deposit. I know we can't sell on here but I feel bad I wish I could help.
Noqs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
qz33
Doctor Doom

These are also some of the best posts there can be here.
We see each other on here and this is a community built on trust once money starts changing hands.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noqs45 View Post
I am so sorry bro, I am also paranoid about stuff like this. If you are interested I have a shin akuma I can get you cheaper than that akuma. No profit. It's just the deposit. I know we can't sell on here but I feel bad I wish I could help.
Thank you Noqs. It looks like I may have access to another Akuma once I get my refund but thank you.

The purpose of this post is to reveal who would take advantage of others. And as a community we need to watch each other's backs and not let that happen.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
These are also some of the best posts there can be here.
We see each other on here and this is a community built on trust once money starts changing hands.
Exactly bro. I've been here since 09 and enjoy coming on here everyday. Even if I don't post I always check out what's new.

Can't let others take advantage.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

When i first entr6red this forum he offered to sell me lots of different statues MK ones...Because i have lots of preorders i couldn't buy anything from him he got angry and said i was messing him around ...Strange as he offered to see if i was interested in his items not the other way ...In the end i ignored him and have dealt with trusted sellers in this and facebook groups i figured it seemed weird but wasn't sure
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
When i first entr6red this forum he offered to sell me lots of different statues MK ones...Because i have lots of preorders i couldn't buy anything from him he got angry and said i was messing him around ...Strange as he offered to see if i was interested in his items not the other way ...In the end i ignored him and have dealt with trusted sellers in this and facebook groups i figured it seemed weird but wasn't sure
This would have saved him money but he kept stalling. Then lied about sending an email. He said it was under his name. Simply confirmed it wasn't .

Simply also encouraged me to open a non-receipt claim and that they are of service to me if I need them.

Feel lucky you didn't deal with him my friend.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #8
Noqs45
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I hope you get your refund soon. I asked for a refund on a statue because of similar issues and I couldn't get it because I used a payment plan like you did. But the thing is I made the payments with 2 of my bank accounts so PayPal policy is that if you have a payment plan you need to make all the payments with the same source or if not they can't help you at all. So I lost in that case. So if you ever do payment plan again via PayPal make sure you keep using the same source to make the payments. (Or the same linked account on PayPal) don't mix linked accounts for the payments

Last edited by Noqs45; 12-03-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Noqs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:44 PM   #9
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Sorry to hear about the run around Chargersfan57. I also received a personal message from Bornthug back in June if I was interested in AKuma or Shin. I ignored it.

Best of Luck in trying to resolve this.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:55 PM   #10
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hope you get all your money refunded and find a seller with a reputable reputation ...Sorry to hear of your trouble thanks for posting so other new collectors don't get caught ...For anyone wanting to buy sold out items try an online bst page on facebook where you can ask other members for the sellers reputation in the community.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote