Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #161
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Great move because SDCC 2017 got tweeterhead growing BIG in collector's heart i think.

And this line may be awesome and can be a reference for DC in the future.

This Harley starts the line, so can be a huge sleeper.
Yeah I gave up on 1/6 scale a long time ago , but these are too good to pass up. I am really hoping they have a kick ass Batman.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:41 PM   #162
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Just put my order in for the EX . Curse u Hypeboy!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #163
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Yeah I gave up on 1/6 scale a long time ago , but these are too good to pass up. I am really hoping they have a kick ass Batman.
Tweeterhead has good timing as the market sees its prices going up insanely.
1/6 scale is an answer either for prices as for room.

And proposing a consistent well-thought line makes sens and confort coolectors (edit i keep this typo fail ^^)

The SSC Star wars Mythos 1/5 line was a step in that direction and collectors gave their love to the line.

demonstrate love and passion to the IP in all details
consistency
art / creativity
price
room space

I think the "super powers" line is a big step forward since the "mythos".

This image speaks by itself

Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #164
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I've just pre-ordered Harley, looks too good to pass up.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #165
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I agree completely. I am really having a hard time as to whether to keep my SS 1/4 PF preorders for DC characters or to completely move in the Tweeterhead direction. I would lose some NRD money, but I would have more money in the end to buy from this line. As well as more space to display with the smaller 1/6 scale. I keep flipping back and forth on what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
Tweeterhead has good timing as the market sees its prices going up insanely.
1/6 scale is an answer either for prices as for room.

And proposing a consistent well-thought line makes sens and confort coolectors (edit i keep this typo fail ^^)

The SSC Star wars Mythos 1/5 line was a step in that direction and collectors gave their love to the line.

demonstrate love and passion to the IP in all details
consistency
art / creativity
price
room space

I think the "super powers" line is a big step forward since the "mythos".
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #166
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I agree completely. I am really having a hard time as to whether to keep my SS 1/4 PF preorders for DC characters or to completely move in the Tweeterhead direction. I would lose some NRD money, but I would have more money in the end to buy from this line. As well as more space to display with the smaller 1/6 scale. I keep flipping back and forth on what to do.
I still prefer 1/4 scale . They just have a big impact but I prefer them to be museum style at that sclae.

1/6 scale is perfect for action style statues like Harley. They dont take up much space and allow the sculptors to really let lose.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:48 PM   #167
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I've sold all of my Sideshow 1/4 DC statues. I got tired of looking at shelves full of Captain Morgan poses. They are boring and none of them retain their retail value in the aftermarket. I was looking forward to XM getting the 1/4 scale license, but looks like 1/6 is the way to go for DC now.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:36 PM   #168
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I've sold all of my Sideshow 1/4 DC statues. I got tired of looking at shelves full of Captain Morgan poses. They are boring and none of them retain their retail value in the aftermarket. I was looking forward to XM getting the 1/4 scale license, but looks like 1/6 is the way to go for DC now.
I don't think you made a bad decision, but I do feel the need to correct the false information here when you say none of the DC PFs hold their retail value. I'm a cheapskate who follows the aftermarket to the point of unhealthiness, so I can safely say the Batman PF and Catwoman are among the only ones, likely due to their impossibly high ESs making them still available on SS's website, that have decreased in value. Both versions of Sinestro decreased because the leaning issues are well known.

The Gotham PFs (Harley, Joker, Ivy, Classic Catwoman, Batgirl) and others that have sold out on SS's website (Power Girl, WW Ex, OG Green Lantern, etc.) all sell for retail or at least $100 higher. This may be cancelled out by fees incurred by eBay or whatever service you use to sell, but buyers pay at least retail consistently.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:50 AM   #169
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I don't think you made a bad decision, but I do feel the need to correct the false information here when you say none of the DC PFs hold their retail value. I'm a cheapskate who follows the aftermarket to the point of unhealthiness, so I can safely say the Batman PF and Catwoman are among the only ones, likely due to their impossibly high ESs making them still available on SS's website, that have decreased in value. Both versions of Sinestro decreased because the leaning issues are well known.

The Gotham PFs (Harley, Joker, Ivy, Classic Catwoman, Batgirl) and others that have sold out on SS's website (Power Girl, WW Ex, OG Green Lantern, etc.) all sell for retail or at least $100 higher. This may be cancelled out by fees incurred by eBay or whatever service you use to sell, but buyers pay at least retail consistently.

Some of SS DC 1/4 scale statues will hold their value at least retail value only because there really is no competition and SS is making sure nobody else can give them competition because they know they would be screwed if someone else ever got the DC 1/4 license, why do you think they blocked XM from getting it.

I do miss the days of owning a statue for a few years then selling it to make room for newer ones and actually making a profit, those days are long gone.. Most of your statues now a days your going to lose 30%-40% of what you paid for it.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #170
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Some of SS DC 1/4 scale statues will hold their value at least retail value only because there really is no competition and SS is making sure nobody else can give them competition because they know they would be screwed if someone else ever got the DC 1/4 license, why do you think they blocked XM from getting it.

I do miss the days of owning a statue for a few years then selling it to make room for newer ones and actually making a profit, those days are long gone.. Most of your statues now a days your going to lose 30%-40% of what you paid for it.
I didn't realize you were such a flipper.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote