Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #71
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
There's quite a few Bowen full size that go for big bucks. I don't understand why anyone would pay those prices. I'll buy a 1/4 scale piece if I'm going to be spending $600.
I’d say it’s because there simply isn’t another company out there that has produced a more diverse character lineup from the Marvel Universe in any scale. Most of what BD produced during it’s run can’t even be found in 1:4 scale unless you’re commissioning an unlicensed piece.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:13 PM   #72
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I think also in the last5 to 7 years many of the pieces did not have as large of runs as earlier pieces did. I see the price the a YellowJacket or Polaris statue can go for and even though it would be tempted to sell them I like them too much to part with them
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #73
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I think also in the last5 to 7 years many of the pieces did not have as large of runs as earlier pieces did. I see the price the a YellowJacket or Polaris statue can go for and even though it would be tempted to sell them I like them too much to part with them
Good point. I never look at Bowen aftermarket values myself. I have a fairly large collection of BD pieces that I trimmed down a few times over the years. What remains I know I’d never part with unless I absolutely had to. If I did I’d let the whole collection go because to take one piece out of say my X-Men lineup, would kill the appeal of the entire display for me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:05 PM   #74
Mister H
Gen 13

There’s still a few Bowen’s I need to get. All of them are going to be north of $300 and I don’t mind a bit.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:13 PM   #75
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Still on the hunt for Winter Soldier. Nightcrawler and Retro Cable are maybes.

Kingpin is a great piece by the way. Him, Doc Oct and Mysterio are my favorite Bowen Spidey Villians.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #76
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah...that's some good money. Cool statue imo...base is a little eh, but I can't think of a better Kingpin on the market...especially in a similar scale. Still, a little surprised at how much he's going for. I keep saying it, or thinking it at least, Bowen is the most collectible line on the market...that collectibility is going to drive the prices.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #77
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Still on the hunt for Winter Soldier.
Yeah he’s one of the ones I’m looking out for as well. I’d love to have an Epting/Brubaker Captain America display. I need Classic Sabertooth, Gladiator and Enchantress and then I think I could rest easy.

....as far as full size Bowen’s go.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #78
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Still on the hunt for Winter Soldier. Nightcrawler and Retro Cable are maybes.

Kingpin is a great piece by the way. Him, Doc Oct and Mysterio are my favorite Bowen Spidey Villians.
Vecchio, for some reason I didn't think you were still collecting. Thought you had everything you were looking for? Not that you couldn't change your mind.

Initially I wasn't interested in Winter Soldier but after the movies I wouldn't mind having him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Yeah...that's some good money.
Yeah, I can't believe the Kingpin sold for that much recently. At one time I had two of them...
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:42 AM   #79
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post

Yeah, I can't believe the Kingpin sold for that much recently. At one time I had two of them...
My take is, of all the magnificent Bowen statues that commanding high dollar these says, Kingpin has to be BY FAR the LEAST impressive statue out of all of them. When I look at your group Spider-Man rogue pictures all over google, I see Kingpin in there and he sticks out miserably...not because of his size and white coat...but because digitally sculpted with minimally detail and texture, compared to the masterfully hand sculpted pieces, it looks like he's from another line all together.

I looked over my collection I have close to 200 pieces on display, and I would display EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM over that silly Kingpin statue. I bought him for the "team" and when I got him and had him on display I said to myself why am I displaying this stupid looking statue of a character I could care less about. But now I see him selling for as much as he is, I'm like why did I sell him...ANSWER: I sold him because he's an below average Bowen statue...and I'm not going to hold onto something in MY collection just because other people think it's cool and it's valuable to other people.

The psychology behind collecting is very interesting. If one is a follower they can get easily lost and confused on what is worth owning in THEIR collection. hahah, glad I got that out.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #80
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Vecchio, for some reason I didn't think you were still collecting. Thought you had everything you were looking for? Not that you couldn't change your mind.

Initially I wasn't interested in Winter Soldier but after the movies I wouldn't mind having him as well..
Yeah, I've slowed down big time. Especially in the 1/6th department. Very picky because of space. Plan to post my updated collection soon, just waiting on a few pieces. Good to hear from you friend!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote