Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #4311
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

I paid $1712 for standard shipping to Florida, and got hit with $205 import fees on top. What has the world come to lol. Last time I order directly through P1.
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:31 PM   #4312
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post
I paid $1712 for standard shipping to Florida, and got hit with $205 import fees on top. What has the world come to lol. Last time I order directly through P1.
That doesnt sound right.

Your shipping fee was $1712 for standard (not expedited shipping)?

That cant be right
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:36 PM   #4313
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

There was no expedited shipping when I checked out, only standard and economy. My original quote for standard was about $1300 but as others posted earlier, P1 added a few hundred dollars to the final shipping costs.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:55 PM   #4314
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
There was no expedited shipping when I checked out, only standard and economy. My original quote for standard was about $1300 but as others posted earlier, P1 added a few hundred dollars to the final shipping costs.
Whoa... I live in FL and I'm only paying around $300 for shipping from BBTS. You should of ordered it from them. You're getting jipped man.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:58 PM   #4315
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
That doesnt sound right.

Your shipping fee was $1712 for standard (not expedited shipping)?

That cant be right
Standard is the expedited pretty much.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:00 PM   #4316
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Whoa... I live in FL and I'm only paying around $300 for shipping from BBTS. You should of ordered it from them. You're getting jipped man.
100% man. Basically paying half the price of the statue to get it a few months early. Not worth it in my opinion. The last thing I have on order from them is the closed mouth bust. Thankfully my other P1 orders are through comic concepts so shipping should be much more manageable. You live and learn I guess.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:07 PM   #4317
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
100% man. Basically paying half the price of the statue to get it a few months early. Not worth it in my opinion. The last thing I have on order from them is the closed mouth bust. Thankfully my other P1 orders are through comic concepts so shipping should be much more manageable. You live and learn I guess.
Yep, that's a tough pill to swallow, but now you know. I've ordered directly from Prime in the past, but I always picked economy shipping. It takes longer, but way cheaper. At least it's a really good statue.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:21 PM   #4318
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
You can ask for them to change it to economy shipping, not too late to change the bust.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #4319
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

The only benefit I can see with standard shipping with is the better chance of getting replacement parts in case of breakage, like with Big Chap. Its unfortunate that P1 ran out of replacement parts for that statue and the only people who were really able to get those issues resolved were those that received their statue first through standard shipping. But tbh, I haven't seen anyone complain about broken pieces with this piece so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:53 PM   #4320
Hutch0o
Birdman

Sorry to clarify those aren't my pics it was from a collector on Facebook I'm still waiting on mine apparently should be here early Jan. I like how they used a Detloff to display the switch out heads and blades/hands etc. I just can't trust anything but wooden shelving personally
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote