Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-19-2016, 01:07 PM   #111
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
Those look quite similar to XM animated line.

Price wise ..... holding my breath.
The XM ones you can get in the mid $300, they got Thor at $210 right now from BBTS... The only one that is kind of expensive is Iron Man Exclusive which is $399

I have a feeling all these from SS are going to be $450+, you have to remember too XM's are 1:6 scale, SS will be 1:5 scale..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #112
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The XM ones you can get in the mid $300, they got Thor at $210 right now from BBTS... The only one that is kind of expensive is Iron Man Exclusive which is $399

I have a feeling all these from SS are going to be $450+, you have to remember too XM's are 1:6 scale, SS will be 1:5 scale..
What makes you think they'll cost more than the MotU statue line which is much more detailed? Higher licensing costs?
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #113
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

Good Guess as PFs are now around 600 and there is no doubt a comic based 1:5 line will do well since there really is not a consistent 1:4 comic line, Unless you want to buy old pieces like OG Thor and OG Captain America to make a comic display so this could be the line that takes over and puts to rest the older stuff, so far it looks like the Avengers will be nicer looking than the OG avengers PFs so get ready for the new line as it could be on fire if done well.

Oh yeah, $400 sounds about right but maybe $550 for somebody like Hulk and since we are on the lets all restart with 1:5 scale thing make sure you all grab the Hulk Comiquette while they are affordable as the pose and sculpt by many people on this site is regarded as the most dynamic most powerfull Hulk statue make by Sideshow but is just too small, not anymore, it will be in perfect scale to all the is to come Avengers and having statues like Red Hulk comiquette vs new Hulk 1:5 avengers assemble will be stunning and even more display options for the once regarded as awesome but too small a scale comiquette, Glad I kept my comiquette so I already have one of best new 1:5 scale comic statues.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #114
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

Also recall someone (may be have been XM themselves) saying that the 1/6 line are on the bigger end for the scale.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #115
MrStayPuft
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My Avengers have already assembled! Thus, no interest in this line. Might be nice for new collectors though.

MrStayPuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:09 PM   #116
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
What makes you think they'll cost more than the MotU statue line which is much more detailed? Higher licensing costs?
Well the Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie line is around $430 and it's 1:5 scale... and from what we've seen, every new statue SS releases the prices keep creeping up.. So it wouldn't shock me to see them go for $450...

As for MotU, yeah that license is not going to be a popular as say Marvel so I imagine the license costs more...

Ill be honest, I think the Avengers have been done to death, there are so many statues of them.... I would of loved a X-Men 1:5 line or even a 1:5 Star Wars line, they would of gone great with the 1:5 Mythos statues I already have...
Old 11-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #117
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Well the Star Wars Ralph McQuarrie line is around $430 and it's 1:5 scale... and from what we've seen, every new statue SS releases the prices keep creeping up.. So it wouldn't shock me to see them go for $450...

As for MotU, yeah that license is not going to be a popular as say Marvel so I imagine the license costs more...

Ill be honest, I think the Avengers have been done to death, there are so many statues of them.... I would of loved a X-Men 1:5 line or even a 1:5 Star Wars line, they would of gone great with the 1:5 Mythos statues I already have...
They had a 1/5 X-MEN line.....they abandoned it. I expect the same thing to happen with this line. 1/5 pieces always get the short end of the stick with SSC. They just don't sell as well as 1/4 pieces and SSC's commitment to 1/5 statues wavers because of it. I've learned my lesson with SSC. I sold off most of my 1/5 pieces and I won't jump back into those waters. It's 1/4 or bust for me personally because if SSC doesn't complete a line I'm collecting, at least I have a shot at XM or Prime 1 releasing the character(s) I may need in 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #118
ozboy
Birdman

I'm not sure how a 1/5 statue is a huge space saver over 1:4. The footprints are pretty similar and there's only a couple of inches in height difference pose not withstanding.
What would be great is if statues weren't made unnecessarily tall and put on 6 inch bases like the new Jason and Vader PFs, or on oversized footprints that add little to the end result like the Death Trooper PF.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #119
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
I'm not sure how a 1/5 statue is a huge space saver over 1:4. The footprints are pretty similar and there's only a couple of inches in height difference pose not withstanding.
What would be great is if statues weren't made unnecessarily tall and put on 6 inch bases like the new Jason and Vader PFs, or on oversized footprints that add little to the end result like the Death Trooper PF.
A statue of a 6'-0" tall person is 18" at 1:4 scale and roughly 14.4" at 1:5 scale so that close to 4 inches.. so 1:5 scale does save you some space.... Take the Spider-Man collection with the 4 statues at 1:5 scale, I can fit them all into a 2'x2' space with lots of space to spare, I probably could fit 5 1:5 statues on it.... now with 1:4 scale I can only get 2 1/2 statues to fit... I would have to saw one in half
Old 11-19-2016, 11:56 PM   #120
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
My Avengers have already assembled! Thus, no interest in this line. Might be nice for new collectors though.

Beautiful! This will always be King and had some amazing sculpts. The Iron Man comiquette is soo much better than the new 1:5 but maybe Cap will be something and the other two heaver hitters? It will take some real sculpt and paint to try to improve on the original PFs.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote