Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-31-2018, 03:03 AM   #251
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Perhaps they don't want to share said new factory so why reveal the name?
Perhaps... Just thought since most of the complains on CC products are on the paintjob, it would be smart thing to share that info, but ok, it's not my job to run their business

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No, that obviously isn't the only answer, you DID miss it and are acting the fool you don't want CC to think you are. There were many details already discussed, "no more dots", neck, etc...
Common 67L88Stingray, you know what is this thing all about and it's not that much about the dots, neck, it's about "..." thing you avoided to comment
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:31 AM   #252
Python
Omega Red

Does it matter which factory they are using? Toynami did them a disservice in the past anyway, so even the highly regarded factories can provide varied results. I like quality assurances as much as anybody, but I don't see many people in the Sideshow section demanding to know which factories they are using, and you'd never get an answer if you did. Seems that CC are being held to a higher standard which probably shouldn't be expected.

It's very simple, prices for these things are stupidly high now (this one seeming a bit too high imo) And ES numbers have never been bigger, just wait and see this stuff in hand before committing to pay for them.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:04 AM   #253
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Does it matter which factory they are using? Toynami did them a disservice in the past anyway
If you're talking about the Breakout TRex, didn't they end up admitting they used some other factory - even though they had led us to believe all the time it was going to be Toynami?

Or was there another actual Toynami clusterf**k that I don't know of?
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:07 AM   #254
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
If you're talking about the Breakout TRex, didn't they end up admitting they used some other factory - even though they had led us to believe all the time it was going to be Toynami?

Or was there another actual Toynami clusterf**k that I don't know of?
No,this was about the TG 1/4 endoskeleton,not the breakout.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:08 AM   #255
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post
No,this was about the TG 1/4 endoskeleton,not the breakout.
Oh, you're right, my bad.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:29 AM   #256
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post

It's very simple, prices for these things are stupidly high now (this one seeming a bit too high imo) And ES numbers have never been bigger, just wait and see this stuff in hand before committing to pay for them.
The ES on most CC pieces are actually relatively low.That softens the blow somehow on these high pricetag items until you actually receive the production piece.What should have been 2 flagship pieces for CC,the breakout T-rex & female T-rex 1/5 bust,turned out to be 2 huge letdowns.(ugly seams,bad paintjob).
The 1/1 JP raptor on the other hand turned out great imho.But these JP 'homeruns' from CC are sadly too infrequent.
The best advice is indeed to wait until the product is in hand before committing to pay for them.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:59 AM   #257
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
For the kind of money these pieces command you better believe it. Not to mention shipping and duties on top for international. You have to be picky with that kind of money.
Recently I paid 140$ for shipping of a 600$ piece. It's currently held in customs and two days ago I got a quote of 210$. More than held in customs it is held hostage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
They also said that their Stegosaurus was an original maquette from Stan Winston's studio, which was completely false because I actually sold mine to them, which had been cast in 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
@Ninner

I agree with you. Same goes for the Parasaurolophus which isn't yet launched, they got it from my friend and he got it from the place I've pointed him.
Can you two elaborate on this? I'm deeply interested in hearing how and where these casts came from. PM me? Thanks
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #258
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
Can you two elaborate on this? I'm deeply interested in hearing how and where these casts came from. PM me? Thanks
Although it's a fact that CC got almost every maquette (original and recast) from fans, most of the maquettes survived thanks to the person I've bought it from. Due to all this thing with CC having the JP license now and recasting problem, I'm sorry but I can't share his name, not even PM. But, I'm sure if you use Google and type the correct words, you'll find him
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #259
tidus

Right, I know. AFAIK he didn't share any details on his page. They were all first generation casts, right? Directly from SWS?
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #260
MATthemes

Well, talking about recasts (fake models)... CC also used a source from the Netherlands who also is known for making money with selling recasts he used to mold for profit. Few are on the way of being released by CC.
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote